freakdiver
notify_mode and notify_method in xoops_users table
  • 2004/7/1 14:54

• freakdiver

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/1 1

Greetings..

I was looking for ways to default-ing the notification of any posts in my XOOPS for all member and these notifications will be sent directly to their email.

the only idea i had is to direcly modify the value in the xoops_users table; column notify_mode and notify_method. i know that notify_method is the method and i set it to 2 for email notifications.

QUestions:
1. notify_mode is use for? i noticed that it is set to 0 by default. what's the value for "notify any new posts" for global category?
2. is there another way of doing this method (auto notify of any new posts and "Notify me of any new posts (include full text in message)" as in the option at the global category?

thanks in advance.

Mithrandir
Re: notify_mode and notify_method in xoops_users table

Notification Method: When you monitor e.g. a forum, how would you like to receive notifications of updates?

Default Notification Mode: All/once/once until login

These two fields have nothing to do with WHAT the user is notified of, only HOW these notifications are sent.

You'll need to figure out a way to enable this specific notification ("notify me of any new posts" - the full text is admin only, but can be changed of course) for all users.

freakdiver
Re: notify_mode and notify_method in xoops_users table
  • 2004/7/2 2:46

• freakdiver

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/1 1

hmmmm..

is there a specific way of doing this?

the idea was that, any post regardless where the post was made (either forum or news or both), all users will get an email telling them there's a new post and maybe the excerpt of that post will be appended to the email.

can this be achieve by just modifying database values? or do i need to go into the codes and modify from there?

has anybody even tried what i'm aiming for?

thanks in advance

Login

Who's Online

549 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 549

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits