jfmoore
Nuked my installation
  • 2004/6/27 20:09

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/6 5

I've been experimenting with XOOPS now for about a month and really like it. Thanks to all, including module and theme developers! This is an amazing suite of applications.

I have a little situation, though: I have nuked my test installations twice now. My record is perfect--installed 2, nuked 2. The first time, I was installing and playing around with themes and templates, and the "Upload" link in the Template Set Manager disappeared never to be heard from again. Everything else in this installation seems to be working, though.

So, I created a second installation and installed some modules. This time, I was working with MyAds 2.04 in, if I recall correctly, the "Add Listing" menu, and hit the "Back" browser button a couple of times.

The "This is your first time to enter the admin section. Press..." (it wasn't the first time, of course) page displayed, and, when I clicked the "Continue" button, I got the "Loggin in" screen for a second or two, and then it went back to the "First time" screen. While the login screen was being displayed, there was a small notice "failed to open file" displayed in the upper left hand corner of the page right before it cycled back to the "First time" page. Bottom line is I can't access the admin section at all.

(FYI: I had the "Home Page" and "Admin Section" both opened at the same time in separate windows. Maybe this isn't such a good idea?)

I can't imagine what could have cause this and am now a little gun shy about going public with a site--should I ever get it ready.

A couple of questions:
1. Any ideas what may have happened and how I might avoid it in the future?

2. How do I protect the site from "oops's" like this? Must I back up the entire site, just the database, or what?

All suggestions gratefully received.

JFM

tl
Re: Nuked my installation
  • 2004/6/27 20:21

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

Quote:
he first time, I was installing and playing around with themes and templates, and the "Upload" link in the Template Set Manager disappeared never to be heard from again. Everything else in this installation seems to be working, though.

Default template does not have upload link. It is by design. You can clone the template and make changes that way. And yes you will have the upload link in the cloned template.

Quote:
So, I created a second installation and installed some modules. This time, I was working with MyAds 2.04 in, if I recall correctly, the "Add Listing" menu, and hit the "Back" browser button a couple of times.

Xoops may have problems with MyAds. I would check to see if the module is compatible with current version of xoops. It seems that it is problematic with xoops. I would stick with official modules for now then explore further.

Don't get discouraged, XOOPS is very easy to use. Feel free to post your questions. But read the WIKI and do a search in the forums first before posting. It could save your time in getting answers.

Login

Who's Online

133 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 133

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits