Anonymous
Business Information Orgonization - Good thought for a mod?
  • 2004/6/27 0:01

• Anonymous

• Since:

Xoops is a informational powerhouse, allowing you to easily organize information and encouraging people to submit more.

With this in mind, I set up a XOOPS site to help in structuring the back end business goals of company that I work with.

Companies fail when their run from the hip and almost never make any money until they finally let sensible policies and refined company formulas actually run the company.

The problem is that this is ALLOT of information and it needs to by reviewed and refined and updated constantly while you learn from your mistakes, make decisions and call them policy, refining your formula..

I really would be cool if a couple of strong mod makers could join this thought.

Possibly a business tree interface with sensible variables such as:
CORPORATE

- TODO List
- Hiring
- Scheduling
- Billing
- Invoicing
- Corporate image
- Marketing
- Training
- Bidding
- Employee contracts
- Employee collaboration
- Employee review process
- Salary formula
- Job specific formulas
- Corporate financial formula

CLIENT

- Collaboration policy
- Payment policy
- Assurance policy
- Contracts
- Partnership opportunities

Not only could this be cool for us (Xoops) structure minded, midnight web designers for our own bad selves ;), but it could be an excellent reason to let any business know why they might want to work with us. on a number of different levels! ;)

If anyone one is interested in this, PM me!

tl
Re: Business Information Orgonization - Good thought for a mod?
  • 2004/6/27 0:48

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

I think you set up to replace PeopleSoft or any other big database vendors.

It would be good to have for some users, but the things you proposed are beyond the scope of xoops.

You will have start from ground zero to accomplish all of those, good luck.

Anonymous
Re: Business Information Orgonization - Good thought for a mod?
  • 2004/6/27 15:56

• Anonymous

• Since:

Nah, XOOPS has everything that you would need to do this except the todo list for which your suggestion for PiCal is right on the money as an alternate tool for the job! :)

The real objective is just to organize the interface so that topics flow into collaboration and decisions (policy), and goals are converted to To-Do's and then reality.

The thought doesn't generate the end policies or formulas, only provides a private, structured place to post, modify, organize and collaborate flow through your goals with your business team.

I have these topics laid out in my XOOPS site using forum topics, XF-Section for Categories and articles, mostly standard XOOPS modules.

What I long for is an interface that would help to flow this information into decisions (policy) and thereby into reality.

A business tree structure with expanding relative menus.
- I'm sure that I can make this from a hodge-podge of HTML, Flash, CGI and PHP but not Xoops/Smarty, maybe when I become more failure with Xoops/Smarty I'll give it a go and call it a mod. ; )

BTW - When I say formula, I don't mean that heavy mathematical or generation scripts are needed, just the ability to refine the variables that make up your income from the business.

Example: Your wife starts a cleaning company and you decide that your minimum job is 2 people x 2 hours x $30.00 per hour = $120.00

- You pay 2 people $15 an hour and have about $20 in supplies, so you have $80 into the job and you and your spouse make $40. As simple as it is, this is your formula, it needs to mature before your going to have a secure business, doesn't it?

Insurance costs, supplies and other variables change all the time, as does your business and your policies and formulas need to be reviewed and refined all of the time.

The problem is, where'd you write that formula down at? In your head? On a napkin?

If so, it's never going to mature, writing it from scratch every time!

I'm donating this thought and I'm saying that organizing your business thoughts like this can help us to succeed and if nothing more than structured, private forum for yourself, it's a good idea, very cool and well with in the capability of anyone that can setup Xoop's!

I'm new to both Xoop's and smarty templates and really a little overwhelmed by the depth.

I can always just skin some CGI or PHP scripts to the XOOPS look too, - that always works! ; )

Anyway, I'm working on this for my self and thought that I'd share the thought! :)

I hope that it's a benefit to other XOOPS users that could use this thought with XOOPS for their personal business.

PS. The XOOPS community seems to have some great core people, lot's of great teams, cheers to Xoops! What a killer tool, - and talk about a thought taken to the Nth degree!

- Page

Login

Who's Online

392 user(s) are online (187 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 392

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits