brucewhealto
Registering users, please help/advise

I asked a similar question only to discover that anonymous users are shown an opportunity to register. They never get told what to do next. So, here is what would help. A little bit more of an invitation to register. Second a way of managing how I'll be notified or how new users will be accepted, idealy by confirming an email. Where do I set this up? Or how do I do that? Surely we must have a way to decide how members join/register and it seems to me that I read somewhere about just this very issue.
Then is there a block or module that would alert new visitors to waht they should do as it sometimes is unclear. I had to step one person through the process saying click on register. I inivited others to join and would have expected some of them to join but no one is pending membership. Please help.
Bruce
Bruce

tl
Re: Registering users, please help/advise
  • 2004/6/26 22:45

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

Quote:
I asked a similar question only to discover that anonymous users are shown an opportunity to register. They never get told what to do next.

When people click Register now! in the login box, they will be directed to register page and everything should be straightforward.

Quote:
Second a way of managing how I'll be notified or how new users will be accepted, idealy by confirming an email. Where do I set this up? Or how do I do that? Surely we must have a way to decide how members join/register and it seems to me that I read somewhere about just this very issue.

User registeration control is done under

Sysmtem Admin->Preferences->User Info Settings

You set the policy for confirming user registration and users will be notified as what they should do next. It is the same way when you registered on the this site.

Login

Who's Online

491 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 491

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits