asche
new user are added to group modulemaster automatically - where can I change default?
  • 2004/6/25 16:38

• asche

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/4/5 9

whenever I create a new user (no matter if registered via web or created via admin/edit user), the user is added to group "modulemaster" automatically.

I must have created this group myself (since I cant find group "modulmaster" here in forum). But how did I define that new users belong to this group by default.

Maybe this imortant as well:
The groups webmaster and modulemaster can not be deleted by administrator (only mofify), the rest of groups can be deleted?

So does anybody know, where I can change default of user group (to registered users?) for newly created users?

tl
Re: new user are added to group modulemaster automatically - where can I change default?
  • 2004/6/25 18:34

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

Quote:
So does anybody know, where I can change default of user group (to registered users?) for newly created users?

It is not possible, unless you are willing to hack to codes yourself.

asche
Re: new user are added to group modulemaster automatically - where can I change default?
  • 2004/6/25 22:21

• asche

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/4/5 9

all right, you say it is not possible to change the default group for newly registered/created users. But what about this modulmaster group, where all my users are created by default. I wonder that I can not find anything about this on xoops-site. Modulmaster should be some sort of default group (maybe I renamed it unknowingly), because the users are created there by default.

I read there is a module, where users can pick the group while registering. Does anybody have experience with this "default-group-thing"?

So please answer me a bit more in detail, so that I can go on with all my other questions regarding permission - visibility (no threat, just a joke )))

thanks for your answer

tl
  • 2004/6/25 23:31

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

Quote:
all right, you say it is not possible to change the default group for newly registered/created users. But what about this modulmaster group, where all my users are created by default. I wonder that I can not find anything about this on xoops-site. Modulmaster should be some sort of default group (maybe I renamed it unknowingly), because the users are created there by default.

Not sure where did your modulmaster group come from and how did it end up as your default group. If you had assigned special privilege to this group, then you would definitely not want this group to be your default group.

Default XOOPS installation only has three groups, webmasters, registered users, and annonymous users. New users are default into registered group. Don't know why you have the modulmaster as your default group. Someone must have changed/rename the default group.

Quote:
I read there is a module, where users can pick the group while registering. Does anybody have experience with this "default-group-thing"?

There might be such a hack, you would have to do a search in the forums. Don't know if the hack would work with 2.0.7.

Quote:
So please answer me a bit more in detail, so that I can go on with all my other questions regarding permission - visibility (no threat, just a joke )

Hope this is long enough?

Login

Who's Online

228 user(s) are online (182 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 228

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits