vinit
Major Theme designing bug in 7dana-clean theme.
  • 2004/6/21 19:48

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/1/10

hi can anyone verify this, i installed the 7dana-clean theme, them came up very well with ease, but when i added the new visitors module to left hand side, the theme broke off.. now suddenly the left block started taking 100% of screen size (1024). I dont understand what made it go that way....Can anyone test it and verify, i would also like to know how to over come it.

on reverting back the new users module to right hand side the theme works fine.

Note that the bug wont be seen in IE, to replicate it use Firefox /mozilla.

Furhter more on doing validation onhttp://validator.w3.org/ it landed up with 150 + errors... thats a too bad...

Anyway if anyone could figure out whats going haywhile please pm me, Thanks in advance.

Bender
Re: Major Theme designing bug in 7dana-clean theme.
  • 2004/6/21 20:04

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

They (7Dana) usually respond to these threads but i donĀ“t know how often they are online.

Maybe you should send 'SevenD' a pm. (there is even an email adress in his profile)

vinit
  • 2004/6/21 20:08

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

Thx Bender, i am will give him a PM, hope the id give by you is correct one

Bender
  • 2004/6/21 20:20

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Given by the homepage he has in his profile i think he should be the right one.

You might also do a search for 7Dana because they replied to a thread concerning there theme not too long ago (like 1-2 weeks).

tjnemez
  • 2004/6/21 21:36

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

Quote:
Furhter more on doing validation onhttp://validator.w3.org/ it landed up with 150 + errors... thats a too bad...

i fail to see the significance of reporting this as it has nothing to do with your issue. try to validate any XOOPS theme and see what you get. besides you would have to validate the theme.html without content before you can determine where the errors originate.

furthermore,
Quote:
Major Theme designing bug in 7dana-clean theme.

i hardly think this is a major theme designing bug. 7dana does outstanding theme work and it is all provided free to us XOOPS users. you should be careful how you post, unless of course you are qualified to make such assessments. judging by prior posts, i don't think so.

this view is entirely the writers.

vinit
  • 2004/6/22 5:27

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

tjnemez,

I agree that 7dana has done some very excellent works, and my hats off to them.

And as per qualification for judging matter, it all starts from level 0, so if you fail at level 0 no matter how good you are, anyone can call you faliure. Thus i again repeat its bug, and need to be resolved.

And let me Remind you i didnt say Quote:
Major Theme designing bug in 7dana themes
rather its specific to 7dana-clean theme, there for dont take my words against the entire effort of 7dana.

7dana - I might be wrong in judging it, but this is what i am experincing. I would be happy if others could aslo test the theme, and if its only happening at my place than i would "take back my words". Sorry for any kind of inconvince

Vinit

SevenD
  • 2004/6/22 9:13

• SevenD

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/7/23

Hi guys!

Vinit, is your website on line, can you give me or post here a URL and i will check with Firefox /Mozilla?

SevenD
  • 2004/6/24 11:13

• SevenD

• Not too shy to talk

Well...problem solved?

vinit
  • 2004/6/25 3:36

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

Nopes problem didnt solved, so i removed that theme...
SevenD, i dont have that theme on my server, so wont be able to give you any link. why dont you just try on your server, put the new mebers module in the left block and you see the out result of it.

If you get the solution do pm me. so that i would also make those modifications and upload the theme, Just few words for you, "Your did some great jobs" i like the simplicity of presentation that you have shown in some of your themes.

other than that can you think of presenting things in some different manner, since this 3 colum has been a very old way of presenting things... lets bring in some thing new. Looking at three colums website, the first thing that comes is, phpnuke or XOOPS based site ..Can we change this mindset by having themes that dont follow this structures.

Just being over creative

SevenD
  • 2004/6/25 12:36

• SevenD

• Not too shy to talk

Vinit, i tryed before and everything is ok for me...give a look(select 7dana-clean):
http://www.7dana.com/xoops/modules/news/index.php

Login

Who's Online

199 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 199

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits