Scarecrow
database does not exist?!?!?!
  • 2004/6/18 14:29

• Scarecrow

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/18

Persistent error I've been fighting with for couple of days, but won't go away.

Downloaded XOOPS 2.0.7 and copied all files is html directory to the server (remote)

Start install procedure after cmodding the said directories and main.php file. Provide all info to installprog. All is well. Then the database. I get the message:

Connection to database server is OK.
Database cls does not exists

But I can connect to the database fine outside of XOOPS with other program!! Why can't xoops?

Can somebody help me?

Thanks

Mithrandir
Re: database does not exist?!?!?!

it says that the database server can be reached with the username and password, but that the database itself does not exist.

are you sure you wrote the correct name of the database and that it exists? You can also (I believe on the previous page) tick off if XOOPS should create the database.

Scarecrow
  • 2004/6/18 15:24

• Scarecrow

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/18

I use the same username and password in another program and there is no problem there. I triplechecked the username and pw I put in the setup. I tried the 'create database ' option, but that does not work because of permissions.I have one assigned database.

any ideas?

Thanks

tl
  • 2004/6/18 15:29

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

Quote:

Scarecrow wrote:
I use the same username and password in another program and there is no problem there. I triplechecked the username and pw I put in the setup. I tried the 'create database ' option, but that does not work because of permissions.I have one assigned database.

any ideas?

Thanks

If you only have one assigned database, then you can't creat new one, you have to use the one assigned to you.

dechile
  • 2004/6/23 23:18

• dechile

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/23

same problem! :(
How did you solve it??

Login

Who's Online

367 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 367

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits