vinit
How to upload a file using mydownloads???
  • 2004/6/17 16:28

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/1/10

hi

I am using dowload module to share the data, problem is that it doesnt allow users to upload any data directly to my server. There are many who dont have webspace to upload files and give the links. I would like to allow my users to upload the files in .doc, .xls etc format.

Is there any module that helps in doing that ???

vinit
Re: How to upload a file using mydownloads???
  • 2004/6/18 6:05

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

can the download module be tweaked or hacked to do that, or is there any other module which provides similar facility. Waiting for some reply

vinit
  • 2004/6/20 3:02

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

heloooooooooooooo can somebody look into this and tell me how to move ahead in this regard ....

Bender
  • 2004/6/20 3:15

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Sorry to say:

Haven´t seen any module to do this as of yet.

Currently wf-downloads is developed athttp://wfsections.xoops2.com . So you might head over there and ask them whether there are plans to include an upload funtionality for this module. But i might tell you that they have just taken over some of the wf-products from catz. This might be something that will not be coming in short time because i think they have several things with higher prio at the moment.

And if someone else from the people who read this would be considering doing a hack for it i guess someone would have replied as of now ...

Know its frustrating to have postings completely unanswered but people usually feel no need to just say 'haven´t seen, can´t hack, can´t help'

vinit
  • 2004/6/20 4:02

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

I think having a upload faclity is much needed, XOOPS is not only be used for XOOPS development portal, where you can link the downloads to someother servers. Rather XOOPS is going to be used for various things. Take for example if a student has prepared a power point presentation and wants it to share with rest of the world, using XOOPS he would not be able to upload his file. there are many cases where the user wont have any webspace for himself but has contents / data that he could share with others, under such a situation it would be a tough call to ask the user to hunt out some freespace and then upload there and give a link here.

Bender
  • 2004/6/20 4:26

• Bender

• Home away from home

Hmmm just saw there is an old module in the downloads:

https://xoops.org/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?cid=12&lid=84

but there is a newer uploader (end of 2003) in the downloads of the german site www.myxoops.org (requires login for downloads).

Both seem to be quite rudimentary ... but might help at least for the time being.

intel352
  • 2004/6/20 5:37

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

http://wfsections.xoops2.com << has recently released WF-Downloads v2.2, including upload capability.

it seems to have typos, improper language definitions, etc, but it might work for ya

i'm uploading it to my own cvs server so i can start meandering through the errors, see what i can fix. haven't come across anything that breaks the module yet

vinit
  • 2004/6/20 13:39

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

wf download is really crapy, needs lot of work done, basically what it expects is that download section will only have softwares which is not the only case always. Athough the way it presents the things is too good. but what i would prefere is having a upload facility with mydownloads ( call it files management module)

vinit

Bender
  • 2004/6/20 14:01

• Bender

• Home away from home

Quote:

vinit wrote:
wf download is really crapy, needs lot of work done,
vinit

Well i don´t like your attitude here ...

1. it is still under development (gave you the link to the dev. website before) Don´t see you asking there if something like this is planned or not ...

2. calling it crappy just because it doesn´t do what you want it to do is silly

3. ever wondered why the name is wf-downloads and not wf-filemanager or wf-uploads?

4. source is available ... need features? Well you can hack the crap out of it

vinit
  • 2004/6/20 14:55

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

Bender

Cool down, this is not to offend the developer or anyone, well i agree that its under development process so cant expect it to work rock solid. but then the problems with it cannot be ignored.

Login

Who's Online

111 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 111

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits