Alan-A
PHP Notices with CJay Content, Articles, Tutorials, etc.
  • 2004/6/16 9:32

• Alan-A

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/17

Hi,

I'm having problems with a number of Modules.
Over a week ago, I posted pleas of help in the CJC and Tutorials site forums but to no avail, so I'm reposting here.

In between times I'm thinking the problems have less to do with the modules as with my XOOPS installation. I have similar problems with CJC, Articles, wfSections 2.1, FreeContent and Tutorials.

I've deinstalled all the problem modules and tried them singly but this didn't make any difference. I've also tried re-uploading the files but this didn't change anything either.

At the moment I've fresh installations of C-Jay Content3 and Tuturials 2.1b.
- Although the installation of CJC was "successful", I had the following PHP Notice at the foot of the page:
" Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: content in file modules/system/admin/modulesadmin/modulesadmin.php line 285"
I get the same Notice 3 times (!) after "successfully" installing Tutorials.
Whilst the Tutorial Module is usable (content and categories can be loaded and read) I cannot trust a module which does not work "cleanly".
CJC on the other hand is not usable - wrapped content is not visible.

To see the problem modules you need to log in under:
User - OT,
Pass - tester,
where you will have module admin rights.

My Provider is using:
- Apache 1.3.31 (Unix), mySQL 3.23.58 & PHP 4.3.6.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks,

Alan

Mithrandir
Re: PHP Notices with CJay Content, Articles, Tutorials, etc.

the notice about undefined variable: content is due to a block not using a smarty template - it is not a bug in the module code and it shouldn't affect the module's functioning.

It's just something I should correct in the core - which I will do. Thanks.

Are there any errors in MySQL or PHP debug in CJC?

Alan-A
  • 2004/6/16 10:10

• Alan-A

• Not too shy to talk

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.
Quote:
and it shouldn't affect the module's functioning.

So that means that I CAN trust Tutorials - I only need to switch PHP-Debug off before delivering my site.

Quote:
Are there any errors in MySQL or PHP debug in CJC?

I've just entered my first "ContentConnection" and got the following:
"Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: form_hits in file modules/cjaycontent/admin/index.php line 39
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: form_id in file modules/cjaycontent/admin/index.php line 40
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: cont in file modules/cjaycontent/admin/index.php line 41
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: form_hide in file modules/cjaycontent/admin/index.php line 42
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: submitter in file modules/cjaycontent/admin/index.php line 43
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: mainm in file modules/cjaycontent/admin/index.php line 45
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: neww in file modules/cjaycontent/admin/index.php line 46
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: i in file modules/cjaycontent/admin/index.php line 47
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: c in file modules/cjaycontent/admin/index.php line 48
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: id in file modules/cjaycontent/admin/index.php line 49
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: m in file modules/cjaycontent/admin/index.php line 50"

This "ContentConnection" is visible but clicking on it brings a white screen with the following messages:
"Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _FC_BLOCK_TITLE - assumed '_FC_BLOCK_TITLE' in file modules/cjaycontent/blocks/cjaycontent.php line 34
Warning [PHP]: main(../mainfile.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file modules/cjaycontent/content/bko-berlin_wrap.php line 2
Warning [PHP]: main(../mainfile.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file modules/cjaycontent/content/bko-berlin_wrap.php line 2
Warning [PHP]: main(): Failed opening '../mainfile.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear') in file modules/cjaycontent/content/bko-berlin_wrap.php line 2
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _FC_BLOCK_TITLE - assumed '_FC_BLOCK_TITLE' in file modules/cjaycontent/blocks/cjaycontent.php line 34"

In between times, I've remembered to give User "OT" (Pass "tester") full access to these two modules.

Best Wishes,

Alan

Alan-A
  • 2004/6/16 12:33

• Alan-A

• Not too shy to talk

Hi,

I made a silly mistake setting up this demo installation of CJC this morning and have corrected it.
And now the module works (as long as I leave php-debug switched off and don't worry about what the php notices could mean). Wonderful!

Thanks,

Alan

Login

Who's Online

271 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 271

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits