jasonwhat
Xoops, Mambo, siteframe-can you tell me which is best for me?
  • 2004/6/13 20:11

• jasonwhat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/13

I'm creating a site for a non-profit organization that provides world news, non-profit news, and volunteer opportunites. The goal of the site is to have relief workers around the world post content and users to be able to specify what type of content they recieve- example: User wants to receive info. on projects in S. America, or dealing with AIDS, etc. when they login they would see their specified content which I guess they would select when registering. Relief workers from around the world need the ability to easily post to a single page they maintain with simple, blog style text and at least 1 photo per entry. Finally, we hope to have searchable info. on each non-profit in a database. Sounds like alot huh? Oh, and users need e-commerce like ability to donate to non-profits of their choice. Whew! Anyone have any mods suggested to help achieve all this? Is XOOPS best for this, many have reccommended Mambo or siteframe? Any thoughts would be great. thanks.

Mithrandir
Re: Xoops, Mambo, siteframe-can you tell me which is best for me?

Not impossible to do in XOOPS, but some new module(s) may need developing.

jasonwhat
  • 2004/6/14 0:00

• jasonwhat

• Just popping in

But would Mambo or siteframe or even Post Nuke be a better fit with what is described? I just don't want to get deep in this project with the wrong CMS. thanks for replying to such a long post.

Cage25
  • 2004/6/14 0:57

• Cage25

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/22

You should try each CMS and to see what is best for your needs.

jasonwhat
  • 2004/6/14 1:17

• jasonwhat

• Just popping in

I've been playing around, but based on what needs I mentioned above any ideas? And which is the easiest (I've just done stuff in dreamweaver don't know code) to modify? thanks.

Login

Who's Online

154 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 154

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits