• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/9

Alright, so here is the site:

My Site

Now, to view the site you have to log in with:

username: testy
password: testy
-----------------------------------------------------
Now, I have run into a dilemma. Basically, I am using the wrong approach as far as positioning my left module blocks.

Using DIVS the way I am can cause some problems. For example, I am trying to work with the main menu (ignoring user menu for now) and I have run into a problem with my replicated data. Since I am using relative positioning, there is an annoying space after my first element.

How to I remove this space?

Thanks

dukehen
Re: Need help with some basic theme questions
  • 2004/6/9 21:11

• dukehen

• Just popping in

<edit>

dukehen
  • 2004/6/10 19:10

• dukehen

• Just popping in

<edit>

dukehen
  • 2004/6/11 19:39

• dukehen

• Just popping in

Alright, I have made some progress by moving around some code and using my brain (don't understand WHY I was doing some of the stuff I was doing).

Anyway, once I figure out why one of my DIVS is not displaying, my main menu might actually be done!!!

(my bottom div in the mainmenu template file shows up in my code from the source, but nothing is being displayed...?)

intel352
  • 2004/6/11 21:03

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

that's a problem that i've run into using css, since i know so little about it, lol

it's quite possible your div is getting covered by another div, but i dunno for sure. seems too easy to layer stuff in css, lol

i'll look at your site, maybe i'll see something obvious

intel352
  • 2004/6/11 21:09

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

without looking at your css, i don't see any improperly opened/closed div statements. hmm. looks like it's cutting off your module menu (left block column), but i don't know for sure since you don't have a complete design yet

have you tried using dreamweaver to get an idea of where any errors might exist?

tjnemez
  • 2004/6/11 21:26

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

looks like you are trying to define each menu item individually by defining individually. you can assign a background for block title, block content, and menu item, but this only needs to be done once. then all blocks will appear the same. without seeing your css you can only use div id="" once in a document while you can use div class="" as many times as you want in same document. please be mindful that i am sleep deprived at the time of this post.

dukehen
  • 2004/6/11 22:23

• dukehen

• Just popping in

Yes, I had originally tried defining my stuff in the leftblock html page, but after fiddling around, I found the best place is in the template file itself and just leave the block as the two standard items (title and content).

I can include the CSS tonight if need be, once I get back to my computer. Once thing I should notice is that after my foreach statements close off in my template, this is where I added another div that SHOULD have a bottom piece that closes off my mainmenu.

However, I have noticed that when I add it, nothing shows up. However, if I add them within one of the foreach statements, it will appear (although in the wrong place obviously). I am guessing that the div is being placed behind something (as already mentioned). Even though I set the z-index so that it would show up over anything, no luck there.

I think I will try my hand at the usermenu and see if I have more luck than with the mainmenu.

Thanks for your suggestions! I will strive to get the CSS up tonight!

dukehen
  • 2004/6/12 0:50

• dukehen

• Just popping in

I removed the header to see if anything was being layered underneath. Sure enough, it is there.

So, I have removed the header for the time being until I can figure out why my other blocks are not being put in line under my others.

Likely because I will have to edit more template files....joy joy!

:) Thanks

dukehen
  • 2004/6/12 1:40

• dukehen

• Just popping in

Alright, I worked with the usermenu and it looks decent now.

However, the only way I can get both menus to appear and look good is if I do not position the DIV that all of the left blocks reside within.

Now, this obviously is not good because that means I cannot position the blocks below my header.

As I have it now, the header has been removed and the two block elements are in the proper order and basic look.

website here:http://www.alterboyz.com

files being used here:http://www.alterboyz.com/debug/

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Login

Who's Online

241 user(s) are online (153 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 241

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits