hedgy
Some gifs will not show on local site
  • 2004/6/6 17:31

• hedgy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/19

I have a local version of my hosted site where I somehow messed up themes/GIFS. I have a cloned theme where I supplied my own GIF file for the header. Everything was fine until I renamed the GIF file and amended the theme.html file accordingly. The GIF no longer appeared on the page. If I temporarily renamed it back it worked again but I wasn't happy with this. (I should have been, however ...)

I looked at various threads here. I have turned off caching. I deleted the templates_c files. I have the "Update When Themes Change" setting at Yes. None of these helped.

Next I cleared my temporary files in Internet Explorer. This had the nasty affect of messing up my page. Font has become Times Roman - not just in the cloned theme, but in the Default and x2t themes that I had not touched! Placement of blocks has been messed up also.

Oddly the phpkaox theme still has the correct font, but it can no longer find

http://localhost/mysite/themes/phpkaox/images/logo.gif

even though this file exists.

I can't get my original GIF to show up either even if I type the URL directly into the browser.

I'm mystified by all of this. It is possible that deleting my IE temporary files can have this (or any) effect on my local XOOPs site?

And what is about my GIF files that XOOPs is have trouble with?

Maybe it's not XOOPS at all as I can't get some of these GIFs to show up in IE using their raw URLS, but they show up OK if I use a "URL" such as W:\mysite\images instead of localhost\images.

Other supporting info ... XP, IE 6, ZoneAlarm, NAV.

What strategy should I use to resolve this ? My hosted site is OK - but I'd like to get my local one working again of course.

thanks

hedgy
Re: Some gifs will not show on local site
  • 2004/6/13 10:40

• hedgy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/19

I also noticed that IE was giving page errors saying that a ';' was expect on line 2, column 5 of my index.php file.

I wasted a lot of time examining my PHP files and finding nothing wrong. Finally I opted to clear my Internet Explorer temporary files again - I could think of nothing else - and to my surprise everything started working again!

I cannot explain this - I just offer a warning to watch out for problems if you choose to rename GIF files and Clear Temp Files in MSIE.

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits