codecraig
ZoneAlarm - i cant post news articles/make changes to my preferences
  • 2004/6/6 12:52

• codecraig

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/13

Hi,
I am using XOOPS on my website..and I noticed that if I have Zone Alarm (firewall) running, then when I try to post a news article..it never actually gets posted. Even though it says "successfully updated database". Actually, any change I make, from editing preferences to posting news articles, don't occur successfully if I have Zone Alarm running.

How can I fix this? Or is this a known bug, if so, when is it supposed to be fixed?

Thanks.

JohnCVermont
Re: ZoneAlarm - i cant post news articles/make changes to my preferences

Hi Ho codecraig --

I experience very similar behavior due to my Symantec Firewall which I have to disable if I wish to post a reply/comment/news item to a XOOPS site.

I will be in "code mode" today and may have a chance to crack open the XOOPS source to ferret out a root cause and maybe a workaround. (Unless, the more likely event that one of the XOOPS Gurus posts the answer before I even fire up CVS. hint, hint ... )

Kerjin
  • 2004/6/6 15:16

• Kerjin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/10

It has to do with the HTTP REFERRER being masked by your firewall/security system.

For me, I've added my website to the 'safe' list in Norton Internet Security and it works beautifully now. Not sure how to do so with Zonealarm, but all you should have to do is tell it that the website in question is trusted, and it will start working again.

This is part of the security of ZOOPS, and I for one, after suffering a hack at the hands of a buggy versio of PHPNuke, wouldn't want it any other way.

tl
  • 2004/6/6 17:14

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

Quote:
Actually, any change I make, from editing preferences to posting news articles, don't occur successfully if I have Zone Alarm running.

Are you running Zone Alarm Pro?

I have Zone Alarm (not the Pro) running on my computer, I have never had any problems with XOOPS admin. I am using the Zone Alarm default settings. Not sure why it is giving you prolems.

Login

Who's Online

126 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 126

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits