Guranic
Finnish translation for Xoops 2.x ?
  • 2004/5/25 14:37

• Guranic

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/18

I'm currently translating XOOPS to Finnish language. I'm a rookie with Xoops. I've just copied english folders and renamed them to suomi (means finnish) and after that I translated all files in those folders to Finnish. My XOOPS is working ok in Finnish and my members are testing the site all the time. I'm not completely ready yet, but I,m thinking how can I "hand out" the Finnish langage package for XOOPS 2.x for other XOOPS users? Can I just put those folders to archive and upload it to download section of this site? Of course it would be nice to have my name on the package, just to know who helped finnish speaking users

Bender
Re: Finnish translation for Xoops 2.x ?
  • 2004/5/25 15:14

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Hi Guranic,

you got mail. :)

I just sent you the german XOOPS translation (it´s not for download on this site and you would have to register with the german site to get it otherwise)

You can just have a look how that package is structured.

Quote:
Can I just put those folders to archive and upload it to download section of this site?

Basically you really only add those folders to an archive and distribute that.

On the german version (btw. done by frankblack) you will find an additional directory 'zuordnung' which just means association and it contains files with a list of the translations that were done for the different modules ...

Quote:
Of course it would be nice to have my name on the package, just to know who helped finnish speaking users

For putting your name into it ... hmmm actually i have no idea to put your name somewhere the site users would notice it. But on the other hand ... the users wouldn´t care either and for the webmasters you could still include a readme with the information. (be warned ... you will get support questions after putting your name and email in there )

Login

Who's Online

89 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 89

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits