98_Z28
I messed something up. Download and Links pages cannot be found. Please help me.
  • 2004/5/18 1:25

• 98_Z28

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/18

Hi, I downloaded and uploaded the 2.0.6 Search Hack to my webpage. Then I went into the Administration Menu/System Admin/Modules section. I then clicked the update button for all of the modules I had installed. Now whenever I try to goto a category under either Downloads or Web Links, I get a webpage cannot be found error. The download links seem to work ok. But whenever I try to goto any of the category's it says it cannot find the page. I would really appeciate if someone could help me. It took alot of time to upload and setup all of my downloads and web links. I really would hate to do it again. Although, I did create a test category and then a test sub-category and it still says it cannot find that page. So, something is obviously not right. Please help me

BTW: My webpage is right here. And the link to the download category's is right here

Please help me Thankyou for any help you can provide.

Jason

djsckizo
Re: I messed something up. Download and Links pages cannot be found. Please help me.
  • 2004/5/18 1:30

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

i clicked them and they seem to show up just fine

98_Z28
Re: I messed something up. Download and Links pages cannot be found. Please help me.
  • 2004/5/18 1:50

• 98_Z28

• Just popping in

Hi, you clicked the Main categorys and the sub-categorys and they all worked fine? Why would it be different for me. I did reupload the index.php and viewcat.php files. It seems to have fixed most of the sub-category links. But the top level (main categorys) still have the links messed up. Whenever I click the link it try to goto:http://portal.vbcodesource.com/portal/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php/14-

I think the proper link is:http://portal.vbcodesource.com/portal/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=14

Is there anything that I can do to fix the problem? I thought uploading a backup of the original mydownloads and weblinks modules would fix it. I even specificly reupped the viewcat.php and index.php files and refreshed. It seemed to help with the sub-categorys, but not the Main Categorys. What can I do? Thankyou for any help.

Jason

tl
  • 2004/5/18 1:52

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

You need to restore all of your original files. It seems you still have Hack for better search engine positionning files in your directory.

Under general download, you have
Quote:
http://portal.vbcodesource.com/portal/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php/14-

you'll get Quote:
No input file specified.

98_Z28
  • 2004/5/18 1:58

• 98_Z28

• Just popping in

Hi, should I delete all of the MyDownloads and Web Links module files from the directory and then upload the backup? Would that be the best thing to do? Thankyou for your help.

Jason

tl
  • 2004/5/18 2:04

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

Yes. Backup your database, just in case. You never know.

98_Z28
  • 2004/5/18 2:34

• 98_Z28

• Just popping in

I completely deleted the myDownloads directory and files. Then I uploaded the backup. The sub-cat links work. But still the Main Top-Level Categorys are going to the wrong link. And it is only the wrong links from the index.php page. In the viewcat.php page the links to the Top_level Main Categorys work fine. What could the problem be? The links to the sub-cats on the index.php is fine. Just the Main Cats are going to the wrong links. It is still trying to go to a link based like this:http://portal.vbcodesource.com/portal/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php/14-

The last couple characters in the link is what is messed up. What do I need to do to fix it? I know nothing about php scripting. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Jason

tl
  • 2004/5/18 12:30

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:
I completely deleted the myDownloads directory and files. Then I uploaded the backup.

What is included in your backup? Use fresh files instead. It seems that your backup still has the hacked files in it.

The following comes from the hack, not from the original Xoops. It should read as .../viewcat.php?cid=14
Quote:

http://portal.vbcodesource.com/portal/modules/mydownloads
/viewcat.php/14-

Download the official package 2.0.6, then unzip and upload the mydownloads and mylinks modules files.

98_Z28
  • 2004/5/18 16:24

• 98_Z28

• Just popping in

Hi, Thankyou for your help. I did what you said. I downloaded the latest core. I went ahead and deleted the old mydownloads and mylinks directorys and files on the server. I uploaded the ones from the core. Then I ran the update for each module in the Modules Administration. That seemed to have cured it. Thankyou very much for your help

Any clue as to why I can't use the hacked version of the 2 modules? Is there something I need to change or something? I would really like to take advantage of the search engine fixes. Thanks. :)

Jason

tl
  • 2004/5/18 16:30

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

There is a bug in the hacked download files. You need to check with the author to see when he will be releasing a new version.

As of using hacked files, be careful with them. Always keep a note on what files you have changed, so you could always reverse back to the original files if there were problems with the hack.

Happy Xoopsing!

Login

Who's Online

214 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 214

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits