succhi
Notification not appearing as pm
  • 2004/5/16 15:07

• succhi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/20

I have turned notifications on for forums and news and I have my account setting for notification method set to private mail. But for some reason I don't get notified and I am not sure where to start looking for the problem.

S.

Mithrandir
Re: Notification not appearing as pm

Are you subscribing to forums as with enabling the "Notify me of new topics in the current forum"?

Notifications are not automatic for users, but have to be subscribed to by each user in the modules.

succhi
  • 2004/5/22 6:59

• succhi

• Just popping in

It doesn't matter where or how I subscribe to notifications on my site I get no response when a reply or new post or what ever happens. But I know that 'pm' works I just don't get notification events being delivered via 'pm'.

This site works fine.

Dave_L
  • 2004/5/22 13:18

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Have you only tested this by making posts yourself? Or are you failing to receive notifications for posts made by other users?

succhi
  • 2004/5/23 5:40

• succhi

• Just popping in

Now that didn't occur to me. Thank you. I haven't tried that yet didn't even think about it because I was simply thinking about the event. So the system doesn't send me a notificatioin if I add the item, that is smart and what you'd want I guess

I will test that, but it does seem that's what it would be.
Thanks.

Login

Who's Online

168 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 168

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits