intel352
Paypal Donations module -> help with testing!
  • 2004/5/12 22:20

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

As discussed in this thread (towards the end), I am working on porting a PHP-Nuke module (NukeTreasury) to Xoops2

As far as I can tell so far, everything appears to work within the module, except that Paypal donations don't seem to be able to successfully post back to the donation ipn script. I need help from other programmers/developers so that we can track down the core issue, and maybe even rework the module further.

Here is my work to-date:
http://www.csmapcentral.com/archives/xoops2/Xoops2_Donations_1.1.2BETA.zip

I ported NukeTreasury 1.0 to NSN-Nuke/OpenSiteManager, and due to my fixes and enhancements to the code, I used the NSN-Nuke port when moving it to Xoops.

The block, main module view, and admin system all appear to be working fine, but to do further testing, I need to get Paypal properly posting to the module via the IPN script. Any assistance and helpful feedback is greatly appreciated. Please post any comments and/or fixes in this thread, or PM me.

Thanks!

Feature List (carried over from NukeTreasury, implemented by original author):
-Shows amount needed each month
-Shows gross & net amounts donated each month (after paypal's fees)
-Lists donators at their request, otherwise shows as Anonymous
-Gives users multiple 'default' donation options, as well as the ability to input their preferred amount
-Live IPN notification from Paypal upon receipt of payment or notifications of cancellation/refund (non-working feature currently)
-Ability to add/subtract fund usage for better tracking of paypal funds

Xoops2 Feature List (implemented by me):
-Enhanced admin navigation
-Improved process for entering fund additions/subtractions/edits
-Ported to Xoops2 with Smarty-Compatible Templates

Intended Features (future):
-Group support

brash
Re: Paypal Donations module -> help with testing!
  • 2004/5/12 23:08

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I'm not much of a coder, infact I suck. But hopefully I can help with testing. I put it on my beta site and see what I can see

tom
  • 2004/5/12 23:46

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

I had a quick play and it looks very cool, one thing I didn't see though was a option for currency, would be cool to be able to change.

Also another one for the wish list, but support for Nochex and World pay, I know not something you would prob need, but would still be cool though, lol

Thanks for the hard work my friend.

intel352
  • 2004/5/12 23:59

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

hehe, thx, but keep in mind that almost all of the code originated from a different programmer (project is kept athttp://nuketreasury.sourceforge.net i believe), and i'm just porting and adding

i wouldn't mind working on other payment methods, once we're able to get the paypal ipn issue resolved. also, i'd like another programmer to look at the code, to see if we should implement a different location for the ipn script, or change methods in any way, etc...

btw, if you guys think up other possible features, feel free to mention them

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits