mithril
How check authorization in personnal page ??
  • 2004/5/11 9:19

• mithril

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/3 1

hi,

I created new blocks with the "multimenu x8" module. These module allow to create links to pages, with absolute or relative paths. I created a new menu, the I created a page, inside a new xoops's subfolder, and added the link in my new menu. I allowed only registered users to access this menu (via the "multimenu x8" settings).
Ok, that works.Enregistered users don't see my new menu with the link. But, if they ask directly my page's URL, they can access it !! You can answer :

1°) Ok, they need to know that this page exists to ask it, but some guys (and I know some of them...) are using to try bypassing these protections, looking for hidden subfolders and files...

2°) I can rename my subfolder and page with names like "54d5ds7q7qs4", virtually impossible to find...but an registered user could, without bad thinks, give the page's URL in a forum topic, as an answer to another user !

For exemple : I use xoops. So, I guess many xoop's site are using the "xoop's forum" (that is really fine ! ). So, as unregistered user, I tried to access one of them directly, with "http://thexoopsite_url/module/newsbb" ...and XOOPS redirected me to main page, with "access denied" message ;)
Sometimes, we like to protect "simple" things, no ???

hey, I'm not pananoiac !!! I don't work for NSA ;) ! But I only would to create "secured" access pages ! So, my question is :
How can I integrate the "Xoop's access verify" in my page ? (something like a login:password verifying in the header, with redirection...) ?

@mithril

Login

Who's Online

187 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 187

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits