ossi
Upgrading from 1.xx - 2.xx
  • 2004/5/10 8:35

• ossi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/9 1

I asked this question quite some time ago but never recived an answer, think it was overlooked.

Running XOOPS 1.3.8 and I would like to upgrade to the latest XOOPS ver.

What are the procedures and is it possible.

I will only do the attemt if you suggest so cause we have about 12.000 registered users and forum DB is +20MBSQL file

And its a headache to move the database at once I constantly get time outs due to the size. But I will upgrade if i KNOW FOR A FACT THAT IT WORKS AND HAVE THE EXACT PROCEDURES REGARDING THE UPGRADE - Ups sorry bout the uppercase :)

Thx in advance

jlm69
Re: Upgrading from 1.xx - 2.xx
  • 2004/5/10 12:52

• jlm69

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/7/19

It is possible. I did it about 3 months ago. First thing you should do is set up a test server. I think the biggest problem will be which modules you are using now. If there isn't a module for version 2.0x, that might be a problem. But best bet is to set up a test server and try it , here's how, delete all files (on the test server)and install 2.06 files in the root directory, chmod the right file/folders. Add the 2.0x modules you want to use, chmod any files/folders that need it in the modules, then go to your test server's web address and the install should begin. When it gets to a certain point it will notice you have version 1.3.8 files in your database, and update them to work with 2.0.6. Once you get it right then you can switch it over to your live site. Try it and let us know what happens. make sure when asking for help you mention you started with 1.3.8, most people only know the new version.

jlm69
  • 2004/5/10 12:53

• jlm69

• Module Developer

sorry it posted twice

WarDick
  • 2004/5/10 13:02

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

This is off subject just a bit.

I noticed from you post that you have a large number of users and database. My question how many simultanous user have you had at one time. I can not duplicate this testing environmet, as I do not have enought users.

ossi
  • 2004/5/11 9:50

• ossi

• Just popping in

Quote:
My question how many simultanous user

not that many - at peaks it was about 30 guests and 15 logged in users.

I think that the record, at least when I saw it was about 150 connections - and 1.3.8 handled it without any problems

ossi
  • 2004/5/11 9:53

• ossi

• Just popping in

Thx jlm69,

I will get to work and let you know when I have some results.

I apreciate the help

ossi
  • 2004/5/11 10:45

• ossi

• Just popping in

Migrating xxxx_users.sql

from 1.3.8 to 2.0.6

Issue:
this is the table from 1.3.8
INSERT INTO `DFBHD_users` (`uid`, `name`, `uname`, `email`, `url`, `user_avatar`, `user_regdate`, `user_icq`, `user_from`, `user_sig`, `user_viewemail`, `actkey`, `user_aim`, `user_yim`, `user_msnm`, `pass`, `posts`, `attachsig`, `rank`, `level`, `theme`, `timezone_offset`, `last_login`, `umode`, `uorder`, `notify_method`, `notify_mode`, `user_occ`, `bio`, `user_intrest`, `user_mailok`) VALUES

this is the table from 2.0.6
INSERT INTO DFBHD_users (uid, name, uname, email, url, user_avatar, user_regdate, user_icq, user_from, user_sig, user_viewemail, actkey, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, pass, posts, attachsig, rank, level, theme, timezone_offset, last_login, umode, uorder, user_occ, bio, user_intrest) VALUES

you might notice a difference, the 2 tables are simmilar until
umode, uorder.....

after that they are different - This is probably easy solved but I need help on how to make them compatible so I can import users from 1.3.8 to 2.0.6

how can I do this,
thx in advance

jlm69
  • 2004/5/11 11:53

• jlm69

• Module Developer

I'm not sure why you are migrating the database? Is it because it is so big? Another question, are all the modules you use in 1.3.8 availible in a 2.0.x version. Now what I meant was to make an identical website on a test server, database and all.
Then replace all the files in your root directory(your 1.3.8 files) with 2.0.6 files, including the new modules. Run the install script. The update script will change all the tables if needed.
Once everything work fine, then you can migrate the whole thing to your live site.

ossi
  • 2004/5/11 13:56

• ossi

• Just popping in

All I basicly want to move are the users_sql.
Since the new X 2.0.6 is running perfect now - this way I have a chance to clean up all the FTP mess as well :)

Migrating the entire DB is simply not possible - the forum alone is +26MB - "timeout" anyway. users_sql is alone +3MB alone -

So if I just could get help to convert this users.sql table I would be happy -

thx

jlm69
  • 2004/5/11 14:55

• jlm69

• Module Developer

O.K. glad you got everything else working.

I have never done this, but you could look in the file :

install/sql/upgrade/mysql.structure.sql

In there you can find the script XOOPS uses to update the database. Maybe try the " ALTER TABLE users " sql on about line 49, to run with phpMyAdmin.
Like I said I have never done this, I think it would work but not sure. Let us Know what happens.

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits