atwleung
Searching for test case and test result management modules
  • 2004/4/29 5:59

• atwleung

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/26

I am a little software engineer working in a company that gives me little budget for the difficult job of raising software quality.

To achieve this difficult ideal, I would like to do something like the following:

The first one is the Test Case Documentation Database. It should define all the possible Test Cases of products, regardless of the release. A test case should contain a headline, test procedures and expected behavior.

The second database is the Test Result Tracking Database. It has releases labels, test beds etc. Test Results are instantiated Test Cases, pulled from the Test Case Documentation Database. Reports and query are provided to do analysis on test coverage, quality metric measurements etc.

Are there any existing modules that will do something similar?

If I am implementing this from scratch, will XOOPS serve as a proper foundation of the work?

Thanks for any tips that the community can provide.

Alex.

Mithrandir
Re: Searching for test case and test result management modules

I would say that XOOPS is an excellent foundation for such a module - however, it doesn't really exist yet.

I would be very interested in following the development such a module and if you need any help on this, I'd be happy to help.

atwleung
  • 2004/5/3 1:12

• atwleung

• Just popping in

Dear Mithrandir and other friends,

Thanks for the advice.

Our first obstacle is to create a test case adding/editing module.

a test case consists of:
- headline (plain text)
- initial condition (plain text)
- procedures (each procedure consists of an ordered list of steps)
- optionally one can attach screen shots to the test case for reference

Doing this module may seem trivial to some of you. But it seems like a formidable task to me!

Any tips are appreciated. I am thinking to base my development upon some mature article management module. For example, I am thinking the possibility of treating each test case as one article, and treating each feature under test as an article category. Any comment on such a direction?

Alex.

atwleung
  • 2004/5/4 8:49

• atwleung

• Just popping in

Hi friends of xoops,

We just tried using xf-sections. It looks like a good foundation to implement our Test Case Documentation database.

We will also want a search function just like the one on the top right hand corner (with search button and advanced search). Any tips on how to enable that?

Thanks for your kind attention.

Alex.

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits