xplozion
Please Help!
  • 2004/4/25 3:30

• xplozion

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/24

Hey!
I really need some serious help! I got my XOOPS up and running and now I want a nice clean theme but it dose not look like it is working. here is what I did.. please help me through this delema..! Ok..

1) I went to www.gooberhead.net and downloaded the gooberheadblue theme
2) When the download box came up I clicked save and I saxed it into Documents/xplozion and than after it saved I went into the folder and unzipped it.
3) When it finished unzipping 3 more items came up on the (Documents/xplozion) folder (GooberheadBlue.tar.gz)(put files in your theme folder.zip) and (READ ME)
4) I cant open the Read Me because my computer dose not recognize the file. So I went to my CPanel and clicked on File Manager.
5)From there I went to (/public_html / themes) and uploaded (GooberheadBlue.tar.gz) onto it.
6)After it uploaded, I extracted that file. The files and folders left after extracting that was a folder (GooberheadBlue) which held a (templates) folder and a tplset.xml.
7)So I went to my Admin Panel on my XOOPS page. (http://xplozion.net/admin.php) and there I went to Preferences->General Settings [edit].
8)There I went to Default theme and GooberheadBlue was on the list. So I selected it and went on to Selectable themes and clicked GooberheadBlue and Default Template set and I clicked Default.
8)When I went to go view my page (http://www.xplozion.net) the whole page was blank. not even a dot was on the screen. just an empty white page.

Please help me! I really need it.. I am pretty sure I gave you every little detale! Thanks if you can help!

-A (so far) satisfied user in xoops-
Brandon (xplozion)

tl
Re: Please Help!
  • 2004/4/25 3:57

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

What you have on your web is template files which are installed through the template manager, not by ftp directly.

You need to download the theme not the template and upload to the theme directory. If you are familiar with phpmyadmin, try to manually set the theme back to default -> in table config, look for theme_set and set it from "GooberheadBlue" to "default". This will get you back to where you were.

Confused by theme vs template? You can find all about them from WIKI:

Themes Vs Templates

ikanpar1
  • 2004/4/29 15:26

• ikanpar1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/26

I actually experience the same problem, that was even before I install the template.
This is my case:

I downloaded 7dana-clean theme.
I then install XOOPS 2.0.6 on my webhosting account, then upload the 7dana theme. When I selected it, it's all ok.

Then I setup a linux redhat 9.2 as my development server,
install XOOPS and the 7dana theme. Same theme, same XOOPS version. This time I get only a black white screen, with nothing on it..

However, I noticed only several themes have this problem. I tried:
7dana-clean - failed
phpkaox (came with the XOOPS package) - ok
TechThemeDefault - failed
kissmelody - failed
x2t(themes and template) - ok

So I guess only the theme that came with default XOOPS installer that works okay in my localbox :(

dwarth
  • 2004/5/2 3:05

• dwarth

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/2 2

What web server \ OS are all of you using? I found that at work where we use Win 2K\IIS\PHP not all of the themes work. However, at home I use Fedora\Apache\PHP and it works just fine.

ikanpar1
  • 2004/5/3 4:17

• ikanpar1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/26

I actually tried IIS 5/PHP/MYSQL on my Win2K server, but can't even get the portal up and running. It accepted my admin login / password, then redirected me back to the state where I was supposed to be log off (like in Anonymous state). No Admin Menu, nothing. Maybe the problem is the php.ini setting in my machine that has not been touched at all, or cookie, or whatever. I have not looking further, since on deployment I'm planning to use PHP on Apache anyway, not IIS.

So I am now running XOOPS in RedHat 9.2, Apache and MySQL.

Login

Who's Online

244 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 244

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits