selfg
Cannot Access the Administrator's Page
  • 2004/4/17 3:12

• selfg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/17

I just now loaded XOOPS (thanks for a great installation script - it went very smoothly). I logged into my account and found the row of buttons on the left. When I click on "Administration Menu" the browser changes to "http://www.gself.com/admin.php". So far, so good.

I see a message at the top of my screen that says "This is your first time to enter the administration section. Press the button below to proceed." I click the "Submit" button.

The screen momentarily changes to a "Logging you in" screen. It stays there for a few seconds, and then returns to the "admin.php" screen.

What do I need to do to get to my admin screen?

--George

go4inet
Re: Cannot Access the Administrator's Page
  • 2004/4/17 6:53

• go4inet

• Just popping in

have u delted the install folder from ur server ! u have to do that before u go for admin control ! read the readme file. u have to also change setting after installation !

goto >> www.urdomain.com
click on >> administartion menu

which u can cogfigure the rest ! this is what i did ! just installed 3 hrs back and working fine....but got into problem....i somehow disabled the Main Menu from the blocks & now finding tough time te dubug that. All support here is very slow......they must have a good support !

kahumbu
  • 2004/4/17 7:40

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/8/23

Hi George,

Check it you have your Software Firewall enabled. Try disabling it and check if that works.

If that works, do a search here on Norton Firewall and how to include XOOPS in the allowed sites.

Thanks!

selfg
  • 2004/4/17 12:13

• selfg

• Just popping in

That worked. I temporarily disabled my Norton Firewall (Personal Edition on my home computer) and everything worked fine. Of course, I don't want to leave the firewall disabled. I added my URL to the list of "acceptable" sites and found I had to "Permit" a setting called "Information About Visited Sites" in order to use XOOPs. Thanks for the direction. --George

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits