golteb
Installing on IIS windows 2000
  • 2004/4/14 7:47

• golteb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/14

Guys, i have downloaded XOOPS and saved it on my wwwroot folder, then i enteredhttp://localhost/html/admin.php in redirected me to install.php, the problem is my mainfile is not writable? what am i going to do.

Mithrandir
Re: Installing on IIS windows 2000

go to your XOOPS folder, right click on mainfile.php and set it to not read-only

Do the same with the cache, uploads and templates_c folders

Then go tohttp://localhost/html/

golteb
  • 2004/4/15 0:16

• golteb

• Just popping in

it's not set as read only,
this is the error i get after checking the database, database name, paths. when i click next this appears

Warning: copy(../mainfile.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\html\install\class\mainfilemanager.php on line 52

Saving configuration data..
Could not write into mainfile.php. Please check the file permission and try again.

hmoleman
  • 2004/4/15 2:01

• hmoleman

• Just popping in

This is easy - right click on the mainfile.php, go to Security tab, and make sure that the IUSR_MACHINE (where MACHINE is the name of your server) has permissions on the file. It should have full control.

Do the same for the three folders that need it (cache, somethin...)

brewmeister

Make sure that after you are done with the install you set the mainfile.php back to read only.

golteb
  • 2004/4/15 6:05

• golteb

• Just popping in

The security is ok, i still get the same error.

brash
  • 2004/4/15 8:41

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

When you set the NTFS permissions for the IUSR_MACHINE account for the Upload, Cache and Template_c directories did you set explorer to reset permissions on all child objects? If not you will need to do this otherwise all content in these directories will not have the permissions set. Does your event viewer have any clues?

golteb
  • 2004/4/16 5:29

• golteb

• Just popping in

I am very sorry for wasting your time, i'm just a newbie in this kind of technology, although i have written in PHP, I cant say that i am good enough to understand you.

Sir, i just dont know how to do it. Can you please tell me how. I remembered that when i installed PHP on my computer a dialog box appeared talking about IUSR_MACHINE, since i have no understanding on this matter I just clicked OK. I did not set any username and password to my MySQL database.

Sir please be patient in helping me.

Guys thank you very much.

hmoleman
  • 2004/4/16 14:10

• hmoleman

• Just popping in

Alright, here SHOULD be a proper step-by-step to setting up XOOPS in IIS:

- Extract the XOOPS files to a folder somewhere.

- Create a website in IIS (if you need more detailed instructions on this I can probably help) and have it point its root directory to the xoops/html directory.

- Go to the XOOPS directory, right click on the html folder, go to the security tab, click add, and from your local machine, add the IUSR_MACHINE user. After it is added, grant it Read and Execute permissions on the folder. Now click the "Advanced" button, and at the bottom you will see a checkbox that says something to the effect of "Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects." Check off that checkbox and click "Apply" - it will apply IIS read to everything xoops.

- Enter the html directory

- Multiselect the Upload, Cache, and Template_c directories. Right click on the selected folders, go to the security tab. Grant the IUSR_MACHINE account Full Control permissions on the folder (I know, I know - but it'll get it working.) Now click the "Advanced" button, and at the bottom you will see a checkbox that says something to the effect of "Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects." Check off that checkbox and click "Apply" - it will apply IIS READ/WRITE/MODIFY to everything xoops.

- Select the mainfile.php in the xoops/html folder. Right click on the file, go to the security tab. Grant the IUSR_MACHINE account Full Control permissions on the folder - it will apply IIS READ/WRITE/MODIFY to mainfile.php.

- Go into IIS. Right click on your new site, click on the Documents tab, add index.php to the list of default documents.

- Finally, go to your PHP directory (usually c:\php) and multiselect the php.exe and php*.dll files. Right click on the selected files, go to the security tab. Grant the IUSR_MACHINE account Read/Execute permissions on the files.

That should do it. Beyond this, I can't be much help I don't think. Best of luck!!!

hmoleman
  • 2004/4/16 14:11

• hmoleman

• Just popping in

One more quick note - also, using the same methods, give your upload directory in c:\php, and some other folder (read install.txt in c:\php) full control by the IIS_MACHINE account or you'll generate php errors.

Login

Who's Online

274 user(s) are online (160 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 274

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits