Tocpe
linking code and other "codes"
  • 2004/4/12 15:21

• Tocpe

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/28

Okay, I admit, I'm not a programmer. That's why I chose Xoops. But I'm running into some fundamental problems when trying to post simple things in XOOPS with formatting. I was wondering if there was a central doc or place or something that could help me out with these kinds of problems. If I gotta use codes that's okay for now, but I hope in the future, XOOPS will adopt a WYSIWYG interface for inputing content into it's (at least) basic modules.

Most of my concerns come from how to format text and create links in NewBB and the default news section.

1. How do I add a link to another section of my site without causing the browser to open up a new window.

2. How do I add simple spacing to a post in the news section? Please don't say it's the [ code] command, cause tha thing makes for an ugly presentation and it messes with the font display.

I'm sure I'll have more questions about this stuff as I use XOOPS more and more. I just hope decent formatting will be taken into account when you guys are designing the new version.

Tocpe
Re: linking code and other "codes"
  • 2004/4/12 15:27

• Tocpe

• Not too shy to talk

heheheh guess I should have checked out the Wiki first, eh?

siteurl

Purpose: Makes a relative link to another page in the same XOOPS site. If this is widely used, it means that links to other pages will still work even if your XOOPS site is moved. It is recommended to use this instead of the [url] code from links within the site. (Perhaps in the future some automatic detection and conversion will take place.)

Syntax: <label>
Example: Our News

Tocpe
  • 2004/4/12 15:30

• Tocpe

• Not too shy to talk

damn, that still opens a link in a new window, how do I add a link that will open in the same window?

....anyone?

God-fearer
  • 2004/10/14 22:44

• God-fearer

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/11

Someone answer this guys question!

I am an idiot with the same problem.

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits