matti666
Problem with Home and News sections
  • 2004/4/11 15:49

• matti666

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/11

Hello, here's another XOOPS newbie

I just installed XOOPS and everything is working fine, I haven't seen any fatal errors or non-working stuff yet, heh.

There is one thing that kind of annoys me, though.
The main page ("Home") doesn't contain anything except for the blocks, and I have no idea how to put anything on there either. I can add news via the News module fine, but it only appears in the News section, and not in Home.

I thought of two solutions which would both me OK to me, the problem is that I don't know how to either of them.

1.) If it's possible, make it so that everything that's added to News automatically gets added to Home as well.
2.) Remove the Home section and make the News section the default section. I'd probably need to edit some PHP or template file for this to change the redirect to /modules/news, but again I have no idea how.

I'm probably doing something very trivial wrong, but I have no idea what to do.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

kahumbu
Re: Problem with Home and News sections
  • 2004/4/11 16:21

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/8/23

Your no. 2 solution could work, but may I just suggest you go to Sys Admin > Preferences > General Settings and set "Module for your start page" to News?

matti666
Re: Problem with Home and News sections
  • 2004/4/11 16:34

• matti666

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/11

Ah, thanks a lot for that, it works

I already thought it was something very trivial I was missing, but I couldn't find it. That's why I posted in the Beginner's Corner.
Thanks again.

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (161 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits