larry
xoopsforge/novell forge documentation...where?
  • 2004/4/2 8:26

• larry

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/2 7

Hello,
Just joined and I must say XOOPS is certainly a breathe of fresh air...easy installation, clean interface and a solid community. However, the module I'm interested in appears to be in documentation no-mans land. Ok here I go:

I'm running apache-2.0.47, php-4.3.3 and MySQL 4.0.18 under windows xp. I've installed the core XOOPS 2.06 successfully...it's hard not to and I thank the developers for it. Anyway...I download and install xoopsforge-2.06 from Novell Forge...once again good. All is working EXCEPT when I use the admin menu and attempt to access the xfmod to configure it....I get "access denied". Now, ordinarily I would say to myself, "self this looks like you need to give MySQL more permissions"....BUT I would like to know what it says in the documentation first. Funny thing is...I can't find it. Sure the XoopsForge site has two year old documentation for unix users on their site....and Novell Forge has little to nothing on xoopsforge(only Novell Forge documentation on linux)but I need the new documentation on the Novell Forge rebuild for xoops. By the way, my only issue is the access denied notice...nothing else...everything works. Thanks for your help and the awesome software. Live long and prosper.

Ciao,
Larry

Anonymous
Re: xoopsforge/novell forge documentation...where?
  • 2004/4/4 11:21

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
install xoopsforge-2.06 from Novell Forge...

You mean the xoopsforge 2.0.6 from the XoopsForge Project? This Version is old and works only with XOOPS 1.3.x not XOOPS 2.0.x

The Novell Forge herehttp://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1011&release_id=1111#selected has many extra specification inside for using with Novell Stuff, but should work for you.

larry
  • 2004/4/4 11:34

• larry

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/2 7

Hello Predator,

"You mean the xoopsforge 2.0.6 from the XoopsForge Project? This Version is old and works only with XOOPS 1.3.x [b[not[/b] XOOPS 2.0.x"--

Actually, I have installed the one from Novell that you kindly mentioned earlier and I'm still having the "access denied" show up. Do I need to configure a path or give permissions? I thought the auto install does this itself.

Thanks for your help,
Larry

Anonymous
  • 2004/4/4 11:37

• Anonymous

• Since:

See here for new download...

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits