Creative
editing php from xoops
  • 2004/3/23 21:57

• Creative

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/7 1

hi,
is there any XOOPS editor for php files?
I want to be able to edit XOOPS .php files from inside xoops. The same way we can create html files it will be great to do so for php files.

I am developing a mod and it would be nice if i could make changes to the php files without having to do it localy :)

(i have write permissions for the web server on the folders i want to, so the process should be able to do so)

is there anything already done?

fatman
Re: editing php from xoops
  • 2004/3/23 22:35

• fatman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/13

I assume you only want to do this from an admin side? I don't know if anyone has done it, and someone else would need to comment on security, but it certainly is possible.

You could use 1 script which let's you browse your XOOPS folders structure. Another script which could take a selected file and display in a textarea html field. Last you would want a script or function which overwrites the file.

It isn't a massive challenge to write these scripts in php. I wonder what the core team thinks of this. A module could be built that basically has just and admin side and the described scripts above.

Personally I would never do this simply from a version control standpoint, but I do see how it might be useful to some people.

Login

Who's Online

782 user(s) are online (230 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 782

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits