alitan
Re: help
  • 2004/3/16 23:48

• alitan

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/3/14

I think i explaned my problem badly, actually my problem is that i can log in to my site but not normally, for logging in i cant log in normally i have to go to the another page of my site , for example i cant log in in the main page , for loging in a have to go to go to the other pages and log in ,and if i dont dont follow this method the user menu will not come,and i can't access to the other part of site which the log in required,further more i will just get the log in successful massage but i didn't log in.
my site is in persian and i dont know if you can understand it but hear you are this is my site adderess www.members.lycos.co.uk/alitanara]www.members.lycos.co.uk/alitanara[/url]
and if you can read the user menu should be on top in the right side,

alitan
  • 2004/3/17 3:52

• alitan

• Quite a regular

I did what you said and my user block visibility is on all page and it has been selected for all users (anonymouse, admine,registered) also i think i know my problem is that people can not log in to my site from main page so i hope you can find a solution.

alitan
  • 2004/3/17 21:03

• alitan

• Quite a regular

[size=xx-large]any body help???? help !!!!!!!![/size]

alitan
  • 2004/3/18 14:42

• alitan

• Quite a regular

no help!!!!!

alitan
  • 2004/3/20 4:59

• alitan

• Quite a regular

i will ask my question again , my problem is that i cant log in normally from the main page for log in i have to log in in other pages, but i can use the adminestration menu and the other things once i have loged in also, cant see my profile with the show user profile link in user menu but i can see and use that if i go to the user profile from the change user profile , or the member list, can u help me, i have to mention that my server is www.lycos.co.uk and my website is www.members.lycos.co.uk/alitanara
and if there is no solution for that please tell me.
thanks

alitan
  • 2004/3/20 15:47

• alitan

• Quite a regular

any help???????????

Cluering
Re: help / multiple PHPSESSID´s ?
  • 2004/3/20 19:40

• Cluering

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/18

I have a simular problem. Please read:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=17763&post_id=74970&order=0&viewmode=flat&pid=0&forum=1#forumpost74970

I am interested, whether you also have different PHPSESSID´s in the source of your page. Just to varify, whether this is an indicator of the problem.

I am not a PHP freak, but my idea at the moment is, that for some unknown reasons different moduls or blocks or whatever produce diffent PHP session ID´s - so the login fail, because the ID differs from the ID in the cookie - but it is just an idea now!

Comments?

Regards

Carsten

alitan
  • 2004/3/23 18:24

• alitan

• Quite a regular

sorry for all of this posts but i need your help , my problem is that i cant log in to my site unless, i go to different pages and then try to log in , some times this method wouldn't work too , also i can not store my cookies and may be that is the problem ,this is the worst problems that i ever had with XOOPS , these areh serius problem. i should include that user menu is on all pages in block in admin area and it has been choosen for the registerder and webmasters but not for anonymouse users,

Cluering
  • 2004/3/23 20:33

• Cluering

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/18

Hi all,

I solved my problem and I want to subsume all the ideas I got from the community - my be it helps someone else.

The problem was:
after login I got the message "Thank you..." what ment the password was OK. But I was redirected to the login page.

My solution with the help of an experienced coder was:
In the PHP.INI of my provider the setting of session.cookie_path was set to /tmp instead of /. I had to enter the line:

php_value session.cookie_path /

in a .htaccess file in the root path - that solved it.

But there were also following suggestions, that had solved the problem on other sites:

The acceptance of cookies is switched off in the browser:
Check your browser or use another computer. Try to login in another XOOPS page to check.

The provider uses a proxy and you do not get a "fresh" page:
Try another provider. Reload after some hours.

The cookie is wrong:
Compare the PHPSESSID value in the cookie with the one in the database table "sessions".

The database table "sessions" is corrupted. Check the database and drop and reinstall the table by using:

CREATE TABLE xoops_session (
sess_id varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
sess_updated int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
sess_ip varchar(15) NOT NULL default '',
sess_data text NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (sess_id),
KEY updated (sess_updated)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

The user name of the database contained a "_" what can lead to misunderstandings:
Change the user name.

Register_Globals is set to on or the safe_mode is on:
Change it to Off

Thats all - may be it helps!

so long

Carsten

alitan
  • 2004/3/23 21:32

• alitan

• Quite a regular

where did you put that line for solving your problem what i mean is this line
php_value session.cookie_path /
did you put in your php.ini
if yes how could you do that that file is in your providers files.
if no so where did you put thaat please tell me thanks.

Login

Who's Online

164 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 164

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits