sarkasmo
It's possible add comments to user profiles???
  • 2004/3/11 17:23

• sarkasmo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/10

I wanna know if it's possible add a function for post comments in user profiles. A Template or module. Thanks for your help.

ladon
Re: It's possible add comments to user profiles???
  • 2004/3/11 17:39

• ladon

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/31

I don't know for sure that if it is possible without some serious hacking, but I think it must be possible since comments are a global used object. After all you can include it in any module you want.

After i finish hacking my wf-sections i will take a look at this, because it would be very interesting. But I would go even further if it's not too difficult (adding personal htmlpage for each user).

ladon
  • 2004/3/11 18:03

• ladon

• Quite a regular

maybe this will help you, it's on the wiki of the new dev.xoops.org website:

Click here for a guide to include commentsystem in a module

intel352
  • 2004/3/11 19:37

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

*omg* how many different *.xoops.org and *.xoops2.com websites are there??

/methinks that Xoops.org should have a navbar at the top with the most useful *.xoops.org links, cus i try to avoid browsing the Web Links system, it's too crowded, so the only way i hear about those sites is through the forums...

or maybe i'm just missing the links, but they should be more obvious, if that's the case, lol

also, why are there so many different wikis floating around the xoops.org sites? should there be a master wiki to keep things a bit more organized and keep documentation from being duplicated??

i should probably suggest all this in the suggestions forum...

sarkasmo
  • 2004/3/11 20:13

• sarkasmo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/10

ladon: The file userinfo.php must be show the comments. But is not a module. The guide you give me works with modules. I tryed, but withouth success.

Thanks for help.

ladon
  • 2004/3/11 20:40

• ladon

• Quite a regular

@ sarkasmo:
I know it's for modules, maybe with a little hacking.... I'll give it a try sooner or later because I will need this option. When I have something i'll post it here.

@ bd_csmc:

This website has been around for a while but it wasn't open to anyone but the developers. Please read WOX edition 2 and you'll understand why it has been opened up for general public.

Ofcorse they have their own wiki and I hope that either the wiki form xoops.org will be updated or that the two will be combined as that would be very usefull.

intel352
  • 2004/3/11 20:48

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

the WOX link on the front page is gone today, is the link elsewhere?

edit: n/m, actually scrolled down past the forum block this time... lol

mikeytheman

maybe it's my ignorance to coding...or the pint of beer i'm having at 7:30am along with the wonders of a T3...but couldn't you make a module specifically for commenting...and...add the mod to the template? so that it'd be something like (now a reminder of the beer and no...i repeat no coding skills):

module containing:
-commenting stuffs
-it's own members table to follow along side regular members table with user id
-some dozaks and whowhits

edit profile template with:
-whatever profile you're looking at = commenting user id thingy
-call up commenting module thingy
-enjoy and celebrate with another pint of beer and a T3

**Disclaimer: This user by no means advocates the usage of Alcohol in combination with any Tylenol products at the exact same time. Further more, meetings sucks so said user figured this would make it more interesting***

mikeytheman

wait...i think i just realized my mistake...so while my suggestion may or may not work...now i'm confusing myself...the commenting would actually appear in the profile...perhaps...cause for a moment there i was confused and thought that it'd basically result in the exact same thing as a pm...which was why i was about to propose using a shoutbox system...and then realized my mistake in thinking that i'd made a mistake...so i'll shut up

ps...beer and t3's at 7:30...not as good an idea as i thought...

mikeytheman

would it at all be posible to just include an iframe in the extra info section with a shout box...and allow for the users to register with you to get one? i know that the extra info field doesn't allow the tag...but could you edit the template thing to allow it to...or...would that be vulnerability?

Login

Who's Online

253 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 253

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits