pmhoran
My #1 Wish ... How To instructions for modules
  • 2004/3/2 20:24

• pmhoran

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/2/21

I really appreciate all the developers of Xoops, its modules and themes who all combine and contribute so freely and generously to make XOOPS probably the best CMS I have ever used (or at least tried to use)

But ... I really wish just a wee bit of time would be spent to explain how to use the various contributed modules. Most times I see a module I think would be a benefit to my site ... download it only to find that there are no instructions as to how to actually use the module effectively. Admittedly, some modules are pretty straight forward ... but some it takes hours and days by "trial and error" for a newbie like me to even start to figure out how to do the simplest of things with the module. And, when there are instructions, they seem to be very brief and geared to people who already have a high degree of competency & knowledge with XOOPS & PHP ... and again hard to be understood by a newbie like me.

So ... to all the people who have chosen to share their hard work with others ... please consider spending another hour or so explaining how to actually use the module you share so newbies like me can implement and use the module effectively.

Thanks
Peter

Login

Who's Online

246 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 246

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits