yoonicks
Database okay, creating tables not.
  • 2004/2/28 7:56

• yoonicks

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/28

I have just installed XOOPS 2.0.6 and all went fine - up to the table creation. The installer confirmed that it could connect to the database perfectly and then presented me with the "Next - create tables" buttons.

The next screen just showed an error "Failed creating database tables." and the option to start over. I did so, but with no success. I tried creating a xoops_test_table via phpMyAdmin using the exact same user / password / database / host I provided to the installer and it worked fine.

If this is a common problem, are there any common solutions?

If not, is there a way to turn debugging on so I can see what's happening?

Best regards.

stuckinTO
Re: Database okay, creating tables not.
  • 2004/7/19 20:06

• stuckinTO

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/19

Hi, I am having this exact same problem...is there a solution to this? I've gone through and checked everything from the MySQL configuration onwards. My provider uses MySQL Version 4.0.16-standard and I installed XOOPS Version 2.

Thank you very much for your help!

keith

kjaer
Re: Database okay, creating tables not.
  • 2004/7/26 14:06

• kjaer

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/19

If you are getting the error message that the XOOPS installer isnĀ“t connecting to the MySQL DB, remember that sometimes you must change the DB hostname (default is "localhost") by the IP number of the MySQL, because some ISP have MySQL DB in other computers than the one that host your XOOPS PHP/html code. Valdemar K. Kjaer, Brazil

Login

Who's Online

460 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 460

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits