dp1964
Fatal Error: Maximum execution time
  • 2004/2/25 10:59

• dp1964

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/15

I get the following error during the last step of installation.
Quote:
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in c:\inetpub\wwwroot/......

The same error is seen with checker debug=1 and debug=2.

All I get is a blank page.

Any ideas? My guess is PHP settings. Waiting for some light on this. Thanks!

robekras
Re: Fatal Error: Maximum execution time
  • 2004/2/25 11:53

• robekras

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2002/12/10

If you have access to the php.ini you can change max_execution_time from 30 to something higher.

dp1964
  • 2004/2/25 12:58

• dp1964

• Just popping in

I tried with 60 and then with 90 secs. Alternatively I get the same error or a blank page. In either case the homepage gives only a blank page. I am not sure whether the installation is complete. May be I should take some rest and try later. Is there any particular files I should check when I get a blank page. I have already gone through all the reference for blank page in this forum.

Thank you guys. Hope to smile soon.

robekras
  • 2004/2/25 13:30

• robekras

• Documentation Writer

Did you run checkit.php on a execution time set to 90 (or maybe more)? did you get the timeout error?

What kind of computer have you running? I have 900 MHz Athlon running, and the checkit.php needs some seconds (7 or more seconds I think) to run.

If PHP Debug is really on, we should see an error message instead of a blank page.

A blank page could be caused by wrong files, corrupted files, missing files, corrupted database, wrong file/directory permissions, incorrect setting in mainfile.php, old PHP version (I'm not sure), wrong settings in php.ini (I'm not sure) etc.

If there is something wrong with my enumeration.... let me know.

dp1964
  • 2004/2/25 15:06

• dp1964

• Just popping in

I am running on P4 1.4 GHz with 512MB RAM. So speed is not the problem. My host provider has kindly changed the execution time to 90 secs. Now I will be able to do all the checking. Hope to get back here with some good news.

For reinstallation I do the following:
1. Drop all the tables.
2. Replace the mainfile.php with original (else install does not start)

Should I do anything else before a fresh installation?

Suppose I install the system locally and it works, what files I need to modify before uploading. I know I have to look for the files containing hostname, physical path, database name, user and password. Anything else?

Thanks again

dp1964
  • 2004/2/25 15:08

• dp1964

• Just popping in

When I turn the debug on by editing /include/common.php I get the following errors:

Thanks again
Quote:
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: enable_badips in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\vidarbhatimes.com\www\pages\include\common.php line 98
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: language in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\vidarbhatimes.com\www\pages\include\common.php line 118
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: use_ssl in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\vidarbhatimes.com\www\pages\include\common.php line 143
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: use_mysession in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\vidarbhatimes.com\www\pages\include\common.php line 145
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: closesite in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\vidarbhatimes.com\www\pages\include\common.php line 205
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: theme_set in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\vidarbhatimes.com\www\pages\header.php line 29
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: theme_set in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\vidarbhatimes.com\www\pages\header.php line 29
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: theme_fromfile in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\vidarbhatimes.com\www\pages\class\template.php line 66
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: debug_mode in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\vidarbhatimes.com\www\pages\header.php line 65
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: theme_set in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\vidarbhatimes.com\www\pages\header.php line 68
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: theme_set in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\vidarbhatimes.com\www\pages\header.php line 68
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: theme_set in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\vidarbhatimes.com\www\pages\include\functions.php line 461
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: sitename in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\vidarbhatimes.com\www\pages\header.php line 68
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: slogan in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\vidarbhatimes.com\www\pages\header.php line 68
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: banners in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\vidarbhatimes.com\www\pages\header.php line 80
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: slogan in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\vidarbhatimes.com\www\pages\header.php line 119
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: theme_set in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\vidarbhatimes.com\www\pages\header.php line 244
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: theme_set in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\vidarbhatimes.com\www\pages\footer.php line 69
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: debug_mode in file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\vidarbhatimes.com\www\pages\footer.php line 71

Any ideas?
Thanks again

robekras
  • 2004/2/25 17:41

• robekras

• Documentation Writer

Your output shows only notices.
As far as I know this doesn't lead per se to a blank page.

As I just see, you've got the checkit.php running.
It reports a wrong CRC on include/common.php.
This shouldn't be.

The only file which should show a wrong CRC is mainfile.php

dp1964
  • 2004/2/25 18:21

• dp1964

• Just popping in

Many thanks to Robekras for your inputs.

I have edited /include/common.php to show the errors. Thus it's okay if it shows CRC error.

I am trying on 2.0.6, PHP 4.3.0 and the host provider has IIS 5 Server.

I can never complete the Installation. It invariably fails on the last step. As I mentioned earlier it alternatively gives "execution timeout" error AND a blank page. The installation is not supposed to end like this. I don't get the final message that "Installation complete, click here to view your page". Also I noticed that that my xoops_config table has no entries. So obviously the final step is not done. I am still high and try. I am guessing it is something to do with IIS. Doing a search now. Let's see what I find.

Many thanks once again.

robekras
  • 2004/2/25 18:34

• robekras

• Documentation Writer

of course I read it that you turned debug on by patching common.php, but I missed this info just a little later.

My brain..... like a DRAM without refresh

I hope you can resolve your problems.
Good luck

Login

Who's Online

289 user(s) are online (184 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 289

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits