cyberik
how to change the default character set of activation email to non-english language
  • 2004/2/23 4:56

• cyberik

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/21

i would like to encode the activation email in non-english characters by default. so when users read the email in emial client programs (like outlook), they don't need to manually change the language encoding into non-english ones to read it. what file should i go to do that? in fact, i've been searching for the forum for quite a while and can't find the answer.

the funny thing is, well, i once found the answer here and in fact have implemented the feature in my own site. yet i forgot how to do it and what character strings i used in the search box a few months back. now as one of my friends asked me how i changed the language code, i was left in total ignorance. that's why i'd like to ask for your kind help on this.

this time i'll put it down as a note for future reference. thank you for your help in advance.

meme
Re: how to change the default character set of activation email to non-english language
  • 2004/2/23 5:17

• meme

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/12/10

go to class/mail/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php

at line 38 you wil find
var $CharSet = "iso-8859-1";

change iso-8859-1 to your charset

cyberik
Re: how to change the default character set of activation email to non-english language
  • 2004/2/23 10:09

• cyberik

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/21

Quote:

meme wrote:
go to class/mail/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php

at line 38 you wil find
var $CharSet = "iso-8859-1";

change iso-8859-1 to your charset

oh, yes, you are right. i checked my file and found the exact line you mentioned having been changed almost half a year back. my memory just didn't serve me well and the file was buried deep in the directory structure.

cannot say how grateful i felt to your help. though i've posted to this fourm only a few questions up to now. yet everytime the community here never gives me up. yes, i love XOOPS and XOOPS people. thank you again.

robekras
  • 2004/2/23 10:53

• robekras

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2002/12/10

Quote:
..... my memory just didn't serve me well ....

Well, thus you see how important a backup would be

Daigoro
  • 2004/2/23 14:06

• Daigoro

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/7/3 2

Cyberik,

All you have to do is to edit the global.php file for your specific language. It's located in your language directory.

I have a danish/english/japanese site, which sends out emails with different encoding depending on which language is selected.

Regards,

Login

Who's Online

133 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 133

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits