stfuji
Xoops Installation on XP Pro, Apache 1.3.29, php 4.3.3
  • 2004/2/20 21:32

• stfuji

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/20

Hm okay I am running:

Windows XP Pro (completely updated)
Apache 1.3.29 I think (last stable version before 2.x which I had some problems with

PHP 4.3.3

Mysql 4.0.16-nt

I get a fine install and all tables created fine, even added everyone to my htdocs folder with complete permissions. However I get the header and footer with nothing else. I tired accessing the admin page and I get a you don't have rights to access this area. Enabled the common.php error reporting got nothing.

I have register globals = on currently but I tried it with off and got the same thing.

Site runs off localhost currently. I wont put this on my lunix web server until I can verify I like it and it works. I am thinking about using it as my CMS of choice because I like smarty a lot. However I can't get it to work at all.

I saw this posted before, but there was not an answer that either applied to my scenario or put me on a track to successful resolution.

Hope you all can help,

Geoffrey

stfuji
Re: Xoops Installation on XP Pro, Apache 1.3.29, php 4.3.3
  • 2004/2/20 21:36

• stfuji

• Just popping in

I also have my cookies set to accept everything, javascript is on, and my security is turned to low. (don't tell anyone). I know I can login to other xoop sites, because I am on the computer which I tried to install XOOPS right now and I was able to register and post here at xoops.org.

-Geoffrey

jmass
  • 2004/2/20 22:09

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

You may want to try it from a different browser to make sure it is not a browser issue. Mozilla Firebird can be run with no installation. Keeps the system nice and clean

Also you may want to manually query SQL to make sure the tables are really there... They probrably are.

No real foundation for these as causes, but that is where I would start.

JMass

stfuji
  • 2004/2/27 16:44

• stfuji

• Just popping in

Jmass,

Thanks for the input. I get the same behavior from Firefox that I do from IE. I can query the tables. They all exsist and can easily been seen in phpMyAdmin. Anyway I guess I will attempt this on my beta slackware box and see if I can play with it on there. If there are any other suggestions please let me know. Thanks,
Geoffrey

Login

Who's Online

144 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 144

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits