totoff
cache system
  • 2004/2/19 14:38

• totoff

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/20

Hi, can I find a draw of the cache system struct ?

totoff
Re: cache system
  • 2004/2/23 14:48

• totoff

• Just popping in

Hi, I think I find the struct of cache-system, but is it possible to use cache with db result in a module

Mithrandir

If enabled (and properly coded), XOOPS will cache the output of a certain page. This means that any database queries and other real-time updating will not be performed, but instead the page will be served from the cache.

This is done in the root/header.php, if you assign the $xoopsOption['theme_main'] a value PRIOR to including header.php, which in turn should be included before database queries and other processing.

totoff
  • 2004/2/23 16:05

• totoff

• Just popping in

ok, but is it possible to modify a mod to include an other cahe-sys? my use is like this :
if when i do a query and if this query have a cache, the anser of this is a cache anser.

Mithrandir

You mean caching the database query results and not the page as a whole?

I'm sorry, if I sound rude - it's not my intention - but why would you want that? Could you elaborate on the way you are going to use that?

totoff
  • 2004/2/25 10:14

• totoff

• Just popping in

i want to cahe the db request to stock it in xml file, cause i think it's faster to open a xml file than request the db.

Mithrandir

Might be so - but it is not faster to open an XML file than fetching a cached HTML page.

totoff
  • 2004/2/26 13:28

• totoff

• Just popping in

How can I see the different ?

Mithrandir

I don't know. I am not very experienced with XML, but I do know that HTML pages are the fastest to load no matter what.

If you have three pages with identical HTML displaying, one pure HTML, one PHP with database calls and one XML file, the HTML file will load the fastest because it is simply a matter of sending the contents and not about parsing it at all.

totoff
  • 2004/2/27 8:02

• totoff

• Just popping in

thank's a lot for your explan, but the diferent what I search is betwen bdd & xml & not htrl and xml.

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits