cybersp
new to xoops - question
  • 2004/2/14 17:08

• cybersp

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/3 2

I am new to XOOPS and have a couple of questions whether this CMS will be the right one for my project.

I am planning to set up a community site with the following functionality - can XOOPS do it?

1. integrated message board or forum that allows private, non-smtp messaging
2. user database with picture gallery. The users should be able to upload pictures of themselves as an addition to the user profile.
3. granular access control. I want to set up different user groups where the lower level groups have limited access. this is specifically important for only a certain user group being able to view the users pictures in their user profile.
4. voting for users
5. calendar function with access control so only users who belong to a certain group can add new calendar entries.

So what do you think? Is it doable with xoops? If so what modules/add-ons do I need? And if it is not doable with xoops, what cms would you recommend?

thanks so much - your input will save me a lot of time.

Mithrandir
Re: new to xoops - question

Yes, it's doable. Basically anything possible in PHP is possible with XOOPS.

1. Newbb forum should suit your needs - otherwiser there are phpBB and IPB modules for XOOPS, although they require some changes to the XOOPS core and cannot be recommended to the inexperienced user

2. You'll probably need a custom module for this - especially if it should be incorporated in the user profile - but possible

3. XOOPS has excellent usergroup permission settings compared to most other CMS'es

4. Voting? Voting what?

5. There are several calendar modules, the most popular being Agenda-X and piCal.

Login

Who's Online

105 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 105

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits