dm2243
simple question. complex solution?
  • 2004/2/7 0:12

• dm2243

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/7 0

sorry for so simple a question - but after spending a couple hours scanning this site, its forum and wiki, etc., i haven't found a solution to what i gather is a pretty simple problem.

how does one add a simple static page to XOOPS and have it show up in the main menu?

for example, an "about us" page. ideally it would keep the XOOPS blocks and banners, but i can live without it if its complicated.

i tried hacking the main menu template, but i couldn't get that work.

dm

mentalis
Re: simple question. complex solution?
  • 2004/2/7 6:21

• mentalis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/7 4

Hi dm2243,

There are many choices here, each with their own perks and flaws.

The easiest would be to download a module such as TinyContent to display HTML or otherwise free content. TinyContent also takes on esthetics of your current theme.

Next would be to create a custom block and have it load as your Home page, or have it display on your Contact Us page (which you can rename the "Contact Us" module to something like "About Us").

The catch to the Main Menu is that the XOOPS template file is coded to load -Module- names and submenus, which is looped to add new content on a relevant database change, which means custom blocks don't show up as links in the main menu. IF you seriously want to add another link by hand, you can edit /public_html/templates_c/*system_block_mainmenu.html where after (and before ) you can add your own links with HTML code. At least this worked for me when I tested it.

Let me know if this info helps (or if I'm mistaken about something).

Thoughts,
Mentalis

Login

Who's Online

298 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 298

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits