askchaz
Submit in Menu when user has no rights to.
  • 2004/2/4 13:39

• askchaz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/28

I didn't find this on the board, but a quick question of something that's been bugging me.

If a user can't submit news, downloads, etc, why is the link even available? Is there a simple way to make this dynamic or disable this based on if they are given the rights to submit or not?

I mean if they don't have the rights to submit, then why even show it as a menu option? I'm speaking mainly about anonymous users, but other as well.

tia

Mithrandir
Re: Submit in Menu when user has no rights to.

carnuke
Re: Submit in Menu when user has no rights to.
  • 2004/2/4 13:59

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Hello Tia,

A good question ... maybe having a flash page with "you don't have permission to post ...etc when clicking on one of these links emcourages some people to register, or to sign in if they have forgotten? Ideally there would be a different divert screen for registered users and unregistered users.

Having said that you can remove the 'post links' from the menus by changing the scripts. Another way is to hide the module altogether from the main menu system, then create separate customised user menus for unregistered and registered users. Multimenu module is very suitable for doing this. [EDIT] Just seen Mithrandir has posted a link to the code changes, now you have choices!

Richard

Login

Who's Online

198 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 198

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits