Kent
Problems installing forums
  • 2004/2/1 6:06

• Kent

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/4/19

Working with XOOPS 2.0.5.2 Stable and Forum 1.0 (updated 2004/1/30). For some reason I can't view a forum posting. With the PHP Debugging on, these are the errors I see:

Error message when posting (modules/newbb/post.php)
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: nosmiley in file /$Apache_Root$/htdocs/modules/newbb/post.php line 166
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: attachsig in file /$Apache_Root$/htdocs/modules/newbb/post.php line 168

Error message when viewing (modules/newbb/viewtopic.php ...)
Fatal error: Cannot pass parameter 4 by reference in /$Apache_Root$/htdocs/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php on line 256

[size=xx-small](Directory root truncated and replaced for security reasons)[/size]

I'm going to keep checking on this to see where I might be doing something wrong, but it's the default install using the default theme and templates. Any help solving this would be great. I've been looking for a potential solution in the forums but haven't come up with anything yet.

Kent
Re: Problems installing forums
  • 2004/2/1 9:22

• Kent

• Just popping in

After delving further into the site and figuring out what to call the problem, I found a solution.

XOOPS Official Site Forum Index // Xoops Bug Reports // Error in viewtopic.php

Now then, here's the problem. I verified the version of Xoops, it is indeed 2.0.6RC. I found the link for the patch in the above forum post. The link doesn't work. Does anyone have this patch that I can download from? Thanks!

Kent
Re: Problems installing forums
  • 2004/2/1 9:36

• Kent

• Just popping in

Nevermind, I was able to find the file on a cached version of the same site. There must be a problem with the DNS somewhere. Problem with the forums is solved.

Login

Who's Online

132 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 132

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits