pmhoran
Thank you ....
  • 2004/1/24 0:25

• pmhoran

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/2/21

I just want to say "Thank You" to the XOOPS staff and developers and all the members here.

A year ago I conceived an idea for a website and after much reading felt using a CMS was the best program to use. Last February I tried XOOPS but at the time it did not offer everything I felt the site needed. Don't ask me specifics ... I just know that I started searching for and testing other available CMS's.

So ... 11 months later ... I think I have tried and tested EVERY CMS and webblog available ... and here I am back again. Seems I was just a year too soon ... because this year XOOPS seems to be everything and offer everything that I am looking to have and offer to members on my website.

Thank you for all your hard work and diligence in the continuing development of Xoops.

But just as importantly ... I wanted to thank everyone here. Admittedly, I have not been back here that long (just a few days) ... but I have read a LOT of the posts in the Forum ... and I have to tell you ... I am impressed by the membership here. Not only with the responses I have seen ... but also with the responses I have received to the few questions I have posted myself.

Rarely have I seen in the past 11 months a group of people so willing to be patient, tolerant and respectful to so many. I made a couple posts that I felt bordered on being "stupid" ... but the responses I received didn't make me feel the question was stupid.

During my perusal of the Forum, I noticed the same questions being asked ... and each time they were politely and accurately answered even when it was just a sentence and referenced a link to a previous post covering the same subject. I hope you realize how unique and refreshing this "attitude" or "common trait" is. Almost without exception, your "competitors" forums tend to be filled with responses that are telling people off for not searching better, answering as if the original poster was an idiot or just not being responded to at all.

I am disabled with a constellation of diagnoses that affect me not only physically but mentally as well ... which is why I have taken up establishing some websites as a hobby . Although I always have tried to search sites & forums for answers to my questions before posting in a forum about it ... on ALL the other sites of the other CMS's ... I was always hesitant in asking a question. I have beaten up my "self esteem" enough these past number of years ... I didn't feel too comfortable in potentially opening myself up for more ... and by a stranger

I guess what I have posted here so far falls more in the realm of asking for opinions. Luckily, any questions that have come up were already current posts in the forum But my experience here so far has been ... fantastic. There doesn't seem to be any hint of the "negative emotions" or "negative responses" that seem to flood the other forums. My experiences, so far, have been fantastic ... with XOOPS the program, XOOPS the site and everyone involved.

Thank you ...
Peter

Chainsaw
Re: Thank you ....
  • 2004/1/24 0:48

• Chainsaw

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/9/28

I second that sentiment.

Xoops community is a great model for others to learn from. Questions are answered even though it seem to have been asked 1000 time.

Not everyone who visit XOOPS are net or IT savvy. Even with my 15 years background it is still a challenge understanding PHP and Apache for the first time. And reading the friendly responses on the forum give me the confidence to type in my questions without people questioning my IQ or skills.

And I think the XOOPS developers and moderators on this forum are some of the most patient and gracious people of all. And I have seen the infighting at the various nukes forum. The only other forum with such friendliness is the Coranto CMS forum.

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits