glmull
Am I missing something here?
  • 2004/1/21 15:21

• glmull

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/21

Using version 2.0.5.2

How do you edit templates? Go to System Admin >> Blocks and then click on the "Edit" link next to one of the blocks you are interested in. here is where my question comes in. once you click on one of these Edit links, you get a new page that has some info on the block and it also gives you a link called "Edit Template" which when you click on that, shows a new page with the template data in a textarea box for editing purposes, presumably. I say presumably because there is no way to save this data back once it has been edited. There is no "save" or "submit" button at the bottom of that textarea box to save your work. There is a "View" button but it appears to do nothing except reload the same page and the "last modified date" continues to stay the same, showing that nothing has been updated.

i'd like to be able to edit the Recent News block template,news_block_new.html but it doesn't appear to be possible through the interfaces in admin (for the above outlined reasons). Why is this? Is it a bug that needs to be fixed to allow the proper functionality or am I just misunderstanding how to use the admin interface? I should be able to edit these templates though. And do it through the interface, I had expected.

It even says the following:

Template Set Manager »» default »» Edit template file

Edit template file

If that's not editing, I don't know what is!! But there is no submit button, only a view button that does nothing.

WarDick
Re: Am I missing something here?
  • 2004/1/21 15:30

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

You can not edit the default template set. Make a clone of it in the template manager. The save button will magically appears when you edit the cloned template.

glmull
Re: Am I missing something here?
  • 2004/1/21 17:19

• glmull

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/21

thanks, i would have never figured that out. but it works fine.

Login

Who's Online

337 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 337

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits