Anonymous
Categories/topics, static content, and flexible themes
  • 2004/1/18 8:22

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hi. I've checked out the XOOPS FAQ on DigiComplex while seriously considering moving to XOOPS and I have a few more questions about certain functionalities and features.

1. Categories and Topics - Is it possible to have Categories (for example: News, Announcements, Opinions, Events...etc.) for different Topics (for example: Politics, Technology, Sports, Health...etc.)?

2. Static content integration - Ability to include static content with dynamic pages (like "sticky" static content)?

3. Ability to use different look/themes for different topics?

Thanks!

Anonymous
Re: Categories/topics, static content, and flexible themes
  • 2004/1/18 10:52

• Anonymous

• Since:

I have a few more questions:

4. Does XOOPS have a module similar to PostNuke's Pagesetter?
Pagesetter website

"Pagesetter is a page creation module that allows PostNuke administrators to create their own publication types containing any set of elevant data fields."

5. How easy is it in XOOPS to create a "portal" block for displaying syndicated RSS feeds?

philroy
Re: Categories/topics, static content, and flexible themes
  • 2004/1/18 12:19

• philroy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/8/23

Can I suggest you download XOOPS and have a go at trying it out on your local machine? Some of the questions you are asking (the one about RSS feeds) is a very basic question that you'll discover by either (a) having a play or (b) actually reading the postings in this forum....there are discussions about these issues going on all around you.

Look, and you shall find!

Phil

Login

Who's Online

904 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 904

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits