comegona
"Who's Online" Block
  • 2004/1/16 23:36

• comegona

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/9

Hello
Can someone explain how the "Who's Online" Block works?
What I'm looking for is how it gets its information on who is on line. Reason I ask is I think its not giving correct results. I once had it showing that I was logged in even though I was not for a full day and the computer that I had last logged in with, was off. At the same time does XOOPS store a record of pages viewed somewhere? Can this be used, if it does, to cerate a XOOPS webalizer that would give an accurate account of what was looked at, by whom and when?

brash
Re: "Who's Online" Block
  • 2004/1/16 23:51

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

This is done by design. However there is a hack that increases the accuracy of this block which can be found in this thread.

comegona
  • 2004/1/17 14:44

• comegona

• Not too shy to talk

That hack is already in my kernel/sessons.php. I'm using 2.0.5.2

DonXoop

My Who's Online had been working well until just yesterday. It reflects the logged in users no problem but I no longer see the anonymous user count. I had found this useful to see how many lurkers vs registered users I had. Suddenly I only see logged in users. Right now I have a number of lurkers but they don't show in the block (the overall count doesn't include anonymous either).

comegona
  • 2004/1/20 17:32

• comegona

• Not too shy to talk

I also notice that when I login I'm being counted as myself, my user name, and as Anonymous.

DonXoop

I found out why my anon users suddenly dropped off the Who'S Online, I have to give them rights to the block I thought it was just read from the db and included anons. Back to normal now...

Quote:
comegona wrote:
I also notice that when I login I'm being counted as myself, my user name, and as Anonymous.

This I haven't noticed. It pretty quickly settles down but can show the anon before login for a few minutes. It gets more accurate the busier the site gets.

Login

Who's Online

207 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 207

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits