swright
Adding new users
  • 2004/1/16 16:04

• swright

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/14

Hello all,

I've looked high and low and I can't seem to figure out how an Administrator/Webmaster can add users to the system.
Basically I DO NOT want people to be able to register. I want to register them myself.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Mithrandir
Re: Adding new users

You have the option to "Activate by administrator", but basically XOOPS is designed for users signing up themselves.

swright
  • 2004/1/16 16:08

• swright

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/14

Yeah, I got that from the documentation and futzing around. I guess I'll have to try to write a module to do it....

Mithrandir

You can rip out a lot from the register.php and bypass the "Can Register" option.
Perhaps simply by taking line 36 in register.php:
if (empty($xoopsConfigUser['allow_register'])) {
and change it to
if (!xoopsUser || !$xoopsUser->isAdmin($xoopsModule->getVar('mid')) {

(Not tested, though)

I believe that if you turn off registering in the XOOPS preferences, you won't see the "Register" link in the login box and so anonymous users won't be compelled to try to register just to get an error message.

kahumbu
  • 2004/1/16 16:35

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/8/23

Go to System Admin -> Edit User. From there you will see the "Add User" Table just below the "Edit/Delete User" Table. From there you can add users without going through the activation process.

To complete the process, you can probably disable new user registration from the General Settings.

Mithrandir

D'OH!!!

Might be a tad easier (And I have seen that form SO many times... just not thinking straight it seems)

Login

Who's Online

135 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 135

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits