brash
Weird Template_C File Problem!
  • 2004/1/15 4:34

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Hi All,

Finally I think I've narrowed the culprit down which was causing my server to give me an internal error message when accessing my site. I won't go into too much background as all the details can be found here.

The problem is with the cached file for my theme in the templates_c directory, or rather XOOPS inability to reproduce it, if I delete it then I get the internal error message. This would explain why my site went haywire after setting XOOPS to update my theme.html file.

My obvious question from here is why? Why won't XOOPS reproduce the cache file. What complicates things a little is that it only does it for the theme I created for my site, no matter what. My theme (based on phpkoax) has been working without a hitch for 3 months, and I have restored the entire theme from a known working backup. I just don't know where to look from here.

Two things come to mind with this problem. One is that I recently upgraded my server, and the operating system and am know using Windows 2003 Enterprise Server. The other, and probably more relevant is that I made extensive use of both the module and block caching to maximize site performance, and it was working quite well up until my server upgrade. When I backed up my site I just made a direct copy of the entire site, cache files and all, so I'm wondering if that had something to do with it.

If anyone could help me with this I'd really appreciate it.

ronhab
Re: Weird Template_C File Problem!
  • 2004/1/15 10:55

• ronhab

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/27

Have you checked the file permissions on the directory? Win 2003 is much more restrictive/tightly configured than previous versions. OOB, it usually requires tweaking with some apps to get them working properly. XOOPS may be one to add to the list.

brash
  • 2004/1/15 11:02

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I've double checked the directory and file permissions for the cache and template_c directories, and the iusr_machinename account has write permissions to both of them and their contents. I starting to wonder if it is a Windows 2003 quirk as Windows 2000 was rock solid for me.

It might also be a corrupt theme.html file as the smarty created cached version in the template_c directory has a date stamp of mid November last year. Perhaps the theme.html file was damaged in the meantime and I only realised now when I went to update it . Who knows at this stage, I've got a few ideas to try, but I won't make a start until tommorrow.

ronhab
  • 2004/1/15 16:18

• ronhab

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/27

OK, when you do, see if anything is being barfed up in Event Viewer too. You also might want to ask in the MS newsgroup for IIS/2003 server. As for the copprupt file possibility, do you have an old version of it you can install just to check if the problem persists? Or a second XOOPS install and see if it happens again?

Login

Who's Online

247 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 247

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits