npetreley
VarLinux finally upgraded to Xoops2
  • 2004/1/14 21:16

• npetreley

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/12/9

Well, a modified version of Xoops2. I created a new module out of the news module (rather than change the existing one) and added a bunch of features. You need to be registered to see/use most of the new features. When I'm done debugging/tweaking it, I'll post it here as a module. Let me know what you think.

VarLinux.org

Features/changes:

1. The headline link on the index of stories takes you straight to the off-site story. If this is a story published only locally, it will take you to the comments/article.php page. Either way, the counter is incremented properly.

2. The stories on the home page are ordered by an added field in a linked table (the main "stories" table is not modified). This lets me rearrange the order of stories without affecting the storyid or the publish date.

3. If you are registered and any story has unread comments, you see red ***.

4. Added an IFRAME-based block that lists the latest XX number of stories with the most comments, in order of # of comments, descending. This shows people the most actively discussed stories. Again, if the story has unread comments, you'll see a red *.

This block also tells you the most read story today, the most commented story today, or if they are the same, it calls it the most popular story.

5. Added an "author" field (in linked table) so that you can view stories by an author.

6. Added a revised shoutbox (uses MySQL instead of a cache file).

7. Migrated my vlWeather module to Xoops2.

Login

Who's Online

104 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 104

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits