laurica
Images on news block
  • 2004/1/12 11:14

• laurica

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/6 1

Hello.-
I've got a problem, Houston. I use IPC_Blue theme and I installed news module in order to get into news I make. The problem is that in the main page only appears the title and de date of the new, but not the section or the intro-text, as I want to.

You can see what I mean in www.hispasonic.com/tribadistas

I think it must be a problem in the block of "Recent news" template. I paste you here the code:

<ul>
<{foreach item=news from=$block.stories}>
<li><a href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/news/article.php?storyid=<{$news.id}>"><{$news.title}></a> (<{$news.date}>)</li>
<{/foreach}>
</ul>

I think the code only calls "title" and "date". So that, I'd be very pleased to know what's the code I must add in order to show too the section and the intro-text.

Many many thanks

kahumbu
Re: Images on news block
  • 2004/1/12 12:05

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/8/23

Hi,

That's not a 'bug', but what the Recent Topics block is supposed to do. It will just provide the title of the article and the date.

If you see sites where the News is available with the topic/subtopic in the title and the intro text, they made the News module their front page. Look at XOOPS, check the URL, you will see it has /modules/news/ there. That's because the News is the front page module.

Go to Admin Menu -> System Admin -> Preferences -> General Settings and choose the News Module as front page.

laurica
  • 2004/1/12 17:52

• laurica

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/6 1

Yeah... at last it was possible! Many many thanks kahumbu :)

ikanpar1
  • 2004/7/18 14:49

• ikanpar1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/26

I had other module already as my start page, but I just need to show the image of my news topics...
That's why i think the modification has to be done on Recent News template... but I don't know how to accomplish this. anyone done this before?

Login

Who's Online

152 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 152

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits