pverhoe
How can I change the XOOPS Support and XOOPS FAQ Links?
  • 2004/1/7 14:23

• pverhoe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/7 1

Hi,

How can I change or remove the links XOOPS Forum
and XOOPS FAQ at the right of the Home link?
For example seehttp://test.magnifiers.org/html.

Peter Verhoeven

kjs222
Re: How can I change the XOOPS Support and XOOPS FAQ Links?
  • 2004/1/7 15:01

• kjs222

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/3/1 1

Hi Peter,

(first, note that you have inadvertantly included a period at the end of your /html. ... that means that the link doesn't work unless you remove the period).

I see you're new... welcome. The links you see on the top of your page are part of the "default" theme. You've got a steep learning curve ahead of you, so ask lots of questions. Here's a quick tutorial on themes:

Themes are found in the physical directory:

/html/themes/[themename]/*

You can edit out the links you were discussing by opening the following file in an editor (notepad / dreamweaver) and deleting them:

/html/themes/default/theme.html

You can also experiment with just applying other themes. You should already have a couple to choose from, or else you can download quite a few from this site (see download->themes).

You switch the theme by changing your site preferences:

(when logged in as admin)
User Menu -> Administration...
System (button on left) -> Preferences...
General Prefrences -> Default theme (ok)

That should be enough to get you on your feet. You'll have probably noticed if you went through these processes that the theme file is full of wierd scripting... this is the XOOPS "Smarty Template" scripting... again, a steep learning curve, but you'll aprecaite it as you come to know it.

Happy Xoopsing,
Keith

kahumbu
Re: How can I change the XOOPS Support and XOOPS FAQ Links?
  • 2004/1/7 16:42

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/8/23

I also think you've missed this part of the installation instructions:

"If your running in a hosted environment, unpack the XOOPS 2 files locally or on the server if you have telnet or SSH access. Once you done this, make sure to move or copy all XOOPS 2 files from the HTML directory to your root web directory (your provider usually provides this location with directions). Once the files are copied there, you can start the install by typinghttp://yoursite.com. This will start the install process."

In short, you were not supposed to include the HTML directory itself, only its contents. Some users encountered problems because of this.

Login

Who's Online

147 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 147

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits