disky
tplfile not updated when updating module
  • 2004/1/6 22:25

• disky

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/31

Hi there

I am working on a site where i use a modified version of WFsection.

I have added a number of new block, and more.

Sometimes i make changes to the xoops_version.php file, and the update the module from the admin section, that works fine.

But let's say i have a black with the number 12, and after adding it to xoops_version, i figure out i need a new template file, so i change the xoops_version part for this block, and the update the module again.
But nothing happens :(

After a bit searching around i saw that the tplfile was not updated to reflect the last change in the xoops_version.php file.

I know i could uninstall the module and reinstall it, that would solve the problem, but that is not possible because a lot of articles, and sections have been added to the system.

Is this a bug, or is there just some feature i did not know about ?

Best regards
Disky

mvandam
Re: tplfile not updated when updating module
  • 2004/1/6 22:45

• mvandam

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/2/7 2

If you are not using the default template set, then you will probably also need to 'clone' the new template from the default set before it shows up.

disky
  • 2004/1/7 5:46

• disky

• Just popping in

I am not completly sure what you mean.

But i have made a new template file in the WFsection template directory, and copied it to the theme i am using's template directory.

And to get XOOPS to notice i have changed the module's templates i run a 'find | xargs touch' in my themes directory.

Everything then looks like it should, except the tplfile problem.

mvandam
  • 2004/1/7 19:36

• mvandam

• Quite a regular

Hmmm, I'll have to leave this for someone else to answer as I'm actually not too familiar with the templates system.

Just one thought... If you go to Admin|System Admin|Templates, does the new template show up in the list of templates for your module? Does it show up in both the default template set and the template set you are using? Under Admin|System Admin|Preferences|General, and look for 'Default template set'... is this set to 'default' or something else? Also, you can maybe try 'submit'ing the general preferences as this will cause some system updates to occur which may help with the problem.

Good luck!

disky
  • 2004/1/7 19:51

• disky

• Just popping in

Thanks for the hint :)

A little searching around the Dokumentation, and i found this:

Now you have to clone the default templates, because the default templates can't be edited. Go to Administration > System Admin > Templates within your XOOPS and clone the default templates. You should give the new template set the same name as you named your theme folder, in this case "cool".

I did not Clone the default theme.

I'll give it a try :)

Why do i need to clone a theme before changing it ?

mvandam
  • 2004/1/8 2:17

• mvandam

• Quite a regular

Did cloning the default template set work for you?

As for the reason cloning is needed... This is just a guess, but I suspect it was implemented just as a precaution so if someone messes up a template, they can always revert to the default template set and their site should still work properly. If you could edit the default templates directly, an error could make your site inaccessible.

disky
  • 2004/1/8 5:41

• disky

• Just popping in

That sounds like a good point

I did clone my very changed template, and no i use the cloned version.

I have not tried to update the module since with a new block added, but when i need to i will report back.

Thanks for your help :)

Login

Who's Online

243 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 243

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits