Bandare
Them Problem - help pls....
  • 2004/1/3 18:59

• Bandare

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/29

I downloaded a theme and added it to my list. when I came to try it, on the site I now get a blank page as a result. If I cant go in to the control panel to put the XOOPS site back to the default theme, how can I do it within the file itself oe where do I change it?

Help pls.

robekras
Re: Them Problem - help pls....
  • 2004/1/3 19:26

• robekras

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2002/12/10

Don't know whether this could be an approach but...

If you are already logged in as admin:
start the admin.php ..../modules/system/admin.php

CBlue

If you can't access your system admin, change the default theme in your database. Make sure you change it for your userid too. Then once you can get back into your site, update your system module and it wouldn't hurt to go to general settings and update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory. Then go back and change that option to no again.

You will also need to delete all files (except index.html) from your templates_c folder.

Bandare
  • 2004/1/3 19:56

• Bandare

• Just popping in

The only problem is I have no ida where in he dayabase or what file to change etc..... :(Quote:

CBlue wrote:
If you can't access your system admin, change the default theme in your database. Make sure you change it for your userid too. Then once you can get back into your site, update your system module and it wouldn't hurt to go to general settings and update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory. Then go back and change that option to no again.

You will also need to delete all files (except index.html) from your templates_c folder.

The only problem is I have no ida where in he dayabase or what file to change etc..... :(

CBlue

xoops_config table for your default theme

xoops_users table for your usid, you should be number one if you were the one that installed xoops.

You click on the table and then click browse on the tab at the top of your phpMyadmin page. Then you would click on edit by your usid. With the xoops_config table you would also click browse and where it says default theme, just change the name to one of themes that do work right.

If you have your site hosted and they provide phpmyadmin, then that is what you use to work with your XOOPS database.

Bandare
  • 2004/1/3 21:36

• Bandare

• Just popping in

absolutely perfect... thankyou for helping me out!

CBlue

You're welcome, Bandare!

Bassman
  • 2004/1/4 9:27

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Thanks CBlue, you've just solved a problem I had on my home comp installation (where I develop themes etc) that's been bugging me for ages..... blank screen as above, after installing a new theme. Thanks again!!

Login

Who's Online

215 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 215

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits